Charger Forums banner

Gas light

45K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  Special K 
#1 ·
Does anyone know how many miles you can go once your gas light has come on?

#4 ·
There is a screen in the evic trip computer screens that has average MPG and miles till empty. Scroll through when you see trip A and B. Found everything on My trip to NC last week, very useful.

#3 ·
No but if you go into the evic's extra screens by holding the two lower inner buttons on your steering wheel you can get a screen that shows you how many pints are left in the tank.

Once the light comes on you have two gallons. So depending on your mileage figure 20 miles as the least amount of miles you can get or 50, but I would only push it to 20

#5 ·
Once the gas gets low enough that screen says "LOW FUEL" only. Unless there is another one I'm missing.

#6 ·
this is true

#8 ·
Last time I was on a road trip... I watched the "distance to empty" as the gauge got low and it was around 30 miles when the light came on, then I had a few miles before it changed to "low fuel". I was cruising in the freeway 75-80mph in my SRT8 and averaging about 22mpg on that trip... so I wouldn't push it much past 20 miles on the open road once the light comes on... but I guess I could slow down too... haha

#9 ·
I don't think running below 1/4 tank is good for the fuel pump, or so I have been told for cars with in tank fuel pumps. I am not sure the Charger has one but I think most cars do since about 1990 or so. The fuel helps keep that electric motor cool. Pain in the butt to change it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.