Charger Forums banner

R/T Road & Track VIN #'s Encoded with Production Numbers?

33K views 148 replies 59 participants last post by  HemiLonestar 
#1 ·
Do all R/T Road & Track vehicles have a production number encoded in each of their VIN numbers?
I was curious about this because I want to try to find out what the breakdown of the production numbers are on the 2006, 2007 and 2008 R/T Road & Track vehicles.

There's got to be some way as to figure out what the exact production numbers are for these particular vehicles. Anybody in here have any idea about this?

I think that there are very few R/T Road & Track vehicles that are produced each year and that these particular cars are rare. But how rare are they?
Most of the V8 Hemi Chargers that I see on the roads are all R/T's. I have not seen any R/T Road & Track cars.

How rare is the Charger R/T Road & Track?

#2 ·
couldnt tell you how rare they are but i'd also like to know how to decode the vin i have a torred r&t 08 i'd like to know what # i am and how many were made just for fun can anyone chime in on this

#3 ·
I don't know how to get that info but as an R/T R&T owner I would like to find out.

#4 ·
i have a torred rt/rt 2007 i think they are quite rare, ive never bumped into another one. even going through all the pic's at the 3rd lx meet, not to many were torred

#7 ·
. I have asked my freinds at the plant this question and this is what they told me . VINS will NOT tell you what number your car comes down the line . When the cars come down the line the vin numbers are not sequencial , so vin # 8h666666 is not followed by vin 8h666667 . Only Chrysler knows production numbers and they wont give them out

#23 ·
I can't even imagine that not being true. It would be like the only auto plant that does that.

#10 ·
is there a reason, they wont say how many were made. ive watched the barret jackson auction before, & they always seem to have alot of info on the # made. even fords chevs etc, of the older car's that is

#12 ·
Hey BADMAN45,
I noticed that the color of your R/T Road & Track is TorRed. I was looking at your avatar and at your photobucket picture of your car and I noticed that the color of your car has a red/orange color to it. Is it because of the way that the sun or shade reflects on your car? I was looking at my own TorRed R/T Road & Track and it doesn't have that red/orange color that your car has. Mine is TorRed and in the sun and shade it doesn't have that red/orange color to it. Is the picture in your avatar and in your photobucket deceiving or do some of the TorRed colored R/T Road & Track Chargers that are built have the red/orange tint in the paint?

I've noticed this red/orange color in some of the TorRed R/T Road & Track Chargers while I've also noticed the regular TorRed without the red/orange color in other TorRed Chargers. Why do some TorRed R/T Road & Track Chargers have the red/orange in them and others don't?

Is the TorRed color deciving when you look at it or did Dodge use a different TorRed color for some of the TorRed cars that they built? I would like to know.

By the way, my TorRed R/T Road & Track is a brand new 2008 model.

#20 ·
no it was really sunny out side and it may have been when i auto corrected it when i shrunk it down i'll put up some better pics tuesday but its the same as the rest not orangish

#13 ·
#14 ·
I just looked on our dealer locate and currently there are about 650 Charger R/t w R&T packages new on dealer lots in the country. I don't know any exact numbers but based on what I have seen at Chrysler auctions there are more total R&T packages ( all colors combined ) than Daytonas. I would also say that 75% of all the R&T's I have seen are #1 Black and #2 Torred and if I remember right I have also seen Steel Blue, Silver and White ranked in that order

#15 ·
I've seen a good amount of r&t's also, alot of steel blue. but even if they are rarer then reg r/t's, do you think the average car enthusiast is going to be " O look at that road and track pkg charger." No they are going to be look its a hemi r/t charger, daytona charger, srt8 charger, or even its a charger in general. Thats why i never cared about the production amount of my R&T charger, its just a pkg.

#16 ·
The same thing was said over 38 and 40 years ago when Chrysler, Dodge and Plymouth built the Cuda, Charger, Road Runner and Challenger with all the different option packages in them. Right now, these vehicles are highly sought after by collectors and they are worth a lot of money. So, I believe that we have a very good chance of our R/T Road & Track cars someday being a collector's item.

#18 ·
the last 6 digits of the vin are your production number of said vehicle going down assembly line

#22 ·
also i think they only sell like 5 colors or maybe 4 in the r&t black being most popular and also the slowest

#24 ·
Here's my theory. Maybe Chrysler does not publish production numbers of the R/T with R and T because the numbers are less than the Daytonas. That would make the R/T R and Ts more rare but Chrysler could not ask more for a Daytona if it was not marketed as a limited edition. Daytona owners, I just put on my flame-retardant suit.

#26 ·
am i reading this wrong? How can the r/t with r &t be less production than the daytonas since all of the daytonas have that package plus some normal 5.7 non daytonas?

#30 ·
I don't know the answer
but I can tell you there are 3 R/t with R&T in brilliant silver in Las Cruces.
there are at least 3 others of different colors that I know of.
I find it interesting because you all are thinking how rare it is..I've been thinking how common it seems to be down here.:knockout:

#32 ·
Thats why VINs are not sequential to Chargers, see. The mix of 300s, Chargers, and Magnums can vary from day to day, so, say you put out 90 cars a day, VINs for those 100 cars are shared amongst 300s, Chargers, and Magnums, so chargers dont get 1-30, Magnums 31-60, and 300s 61-90. 23 might be a Charger, next two be 300s, one more Charger, then 5 Maggies, so the next Charger might be 31.

#33 ·
But I'm guessing they are somewhat sequential.. So a charger with 123456 on the end was made before 323456 (but not 200,000 vehicles prior.. thus there's no way to confirm how many chargers were made)

JK

#36 ·
Wow, 1 of 1! Ya, the fastest colour able to keep up with BLACK!