Charger Forums banner

Exterior B-Pillar Covers

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  29840 
#1 ·
Long ago (before my B-pillars were blue and terrible looking like they are now) I saw a link for a site that had vinyl b-pillar covers and a selection of all kinds of different colors.

Searching around now all I can find is chrome, then on ebay there's a glossy black option as well but I'm specifically looking for a flat/matte black. (I figure gloss would just get all finger printed and nasty looking quickly).

Any ideas?

Also if anyone has the P/N for the plastic trim on either side of the windshield that'd be great ;)

#2 ·
My A-pillar pieces are in terrible shape as well. I've wanted to buy new ones for awhile but have never gotten around to it.

4805 888AC Right
4805 889AC Left

4806 225AA Clips (looks like you need 4 per side)

I'm definitely interested in what you find out about the vinyl overlays for the B-pillars.

#3 ·
Thanks - I had heard of people painting their old A pillar pieces and it lasting a lot longer, mine looked cruddy about a year after I bought the car (new), but I'm afraid of the clips breaking while taking the old ones out since they're almost 6yrs old now lol.

I'm thinking I'll paint the new ones anyways just to see if they hold better.

#4 ·
Yeah, that might be a wise thing to do. Paint would definitely hold up longer than just the bare plastic.

I've been afraid the clips would break too, probably be best to ask a windshield repair place. I bet they would know if it's possible to get those pieces out without the clips breaking.

#5 ·
ive thought about using plastidip on them but havent gotten around to testing it out yet...i dont see why i wouldnt work/hold up very well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.