Charger Forums banner

Power Windows - Automatic UP?

3K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  ChargerPL 
#1 ·
Can the Charger support Auto-Up windows????

#2 ·
yes you have to buy a new switch and have it installed! Can get from the dealer.

Dan

2006 GoManGo Daytona # 0675
West Paterson, NJ

Current Mods: Tinted Windows (From Dealer), Auto headlamps, K&N Air Charger CAI, Cabin Filter, Orange Daytona Floor Mats, Daytime Running Lights Turned On

#3 ·
yea mine has them:nervous s

#4 ·
I have them too and didn't realize it till they both went all the up by themselves when I had let go of the button. Made my wife put her arm in the window to see if they stop when blocked - lucky for her and me they do.:cool:

#5 ·
Changing a Charger with driver auto-down only to auto-up is more than just replacing the switch, although that's part of it. There are several threads already on this topic but due to how extensive the upgrade is I don't know if anybody has done it yet. Try searching for auto window.

#6 ·
Wow, that's funny I was just about to look in to that at my dealer...
Got to love this forum!!!
How much was the switch?
Thanks

#8 ·
falchulk said:
My charger is only a few weeks old and should have had auto up. It does not. On the earlier cars, that makes sense, on my car I find that strange.
If your battery has been disconnected you need to re-calibrate it:

From http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=11313

AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module
needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected
for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then
drive the window all the way down to the bottom.

#9 ·
Officer120 said:
yes you have to buy a new switch and have it installed! Can get from the dealer.

Dan

2006 GoManGo Daytona # 0675
West Paterson, NJ

Current Mods: Tinted Windows (From Dealer), Auto headlamps, K&N Air Charger CAI, Cabin Filter, Orange Daytona Floor Mats, Daytime Running Lights Turned On
I thought I read a post where some one bought the switch and when the dealer went to install it, it didn't work because the wiring harness wasn't the same. Same post said they replaced the harness and it still didn't work. I'm not having luck finding the thread (it may have been on lxforums).

#10 ·
Crazy_luck said:
I thought I read a post where some one bought the switch and when the dealer went to install it, it didn't work because the wiring harness wasn't the same. Same post said they replaced the harness and it still didn't work. I'm not having luck finding the thread (it may have been on lxforums).
That's because you're Crazy_luck. :smoke:

#11 ·
its sad power windows and auto windows arent just standard. its like buying a new cell phone on todays standards with a metal pull out antenna.

i understand not having rear windows auto, but front is a must. i just hit the auto windows to down and flip the sun roof open and all is well in charger heaven.

ohh yeah, and Charge It "#169 Out of #4000 Loaded with everything you can stuff in to it." but you dont have auto windows?

i would think all the daytonas had this option.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.