Charger Forums banner

Automatic Roll up windows not working

8K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  Junior 
#1 ·
I'm not sure what I did, but the automatic roll up function on my windows has quit working. They still roll all the way down automatically when the button is fully depressed. I'm not sure what I did to make them stop working properly. Is there a setting in the evic or something?

Thanks in advance everyone.

#2 ·
usually just needs to be reset. take window all the way down and holding the
switch down for a couple of seconds after window hits bottom. do the same
going up. that should do it. if i missed something it's in the owners manual.

#4 ·
Sounds like you need to reset the limits, like Smoke said, just start with the window closed, and once you start it down, don't release the switch until it's all complete:

Starting with the window up:
Down full - hold 5 sec - up full - hold 5 sec - release.

Do the same for the passenger window (you can do it from the driver's controls)

Try the auto windows and see if it took.

I'm not sure what other situations cause them to lose the limits, but I know that disconnecting the battery does.

Hope that helps.

#6 ·
That was it. I reset the limits and everything is working correctly again. Thanks everyone!:grin:

#7 ·
I didn't even know the Chargers did this...my driver side goes down auto, but that is it...guess I'm off to the parking garage to try the reset...

I need to read my owner's manual more carefully...

#9 ·
It (auto-up) wasn't standard on the R/T until late fall, '05... somewhere around November, I think.

#12 ·
:) gomango owners do not have the auto up feature on the windows,they only have auto down. you will have to get diferent modules to get auto up/down on your cars. ours is the same way and the dealership just had a gomango that came in as a trade and was the exact duplicate of my wifes and was only 14 cars off so it was built the same day.

#15 ·
I think there is a problem. We had a notice at work not quite to TSB level about auto-up being intermittent. Pretty sure its water/moisture related. I notice mine do it the most after it rains. THey had us putting in regulators but that didnt always fix them...still waiting for a firm fix on it.cause it shouldnt lose the memory unless u disconnect the batt. u have to relearn the sunroof if u have one to after that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.