Charger Forums banner

Power windows - auto up broke....

3K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  JohnS 
#1 ·
my drivers side window will auto down but not auto up. passenger side works fine. im due for my first oil change probably by the end of the month so i will have them fix it then.

has anybody else encountered this?

#6 ·
Mine did that too. Try the reset procedure in the manual. Don't quote me, but I believe it's open the window manually, then pull up the switch and hold it till the window closes, hold it a second and release. Repeat once, and that should fix it(check the manual to be sure I told you correctly, but I belive I'm right.)

#7 ·
JUST RESET THEM THEY NEED TO RELEARN UP AND DOWN:cool:

#14 ·
I was gonna check this post at lunch and see the feedback. On my way to get a burger it worked again... strange, but heck it works now.

ohh, and as far as adding auto windows, i read a post before that made it seem like a big hassle and potentially expensive. hopefully its not though.

#15 ·
shrinkydinx said:
yeah it comes with convenience group II, which i have, which now also comes with auto headlights :dead:

damn dodge for punishing people who bought their chargers right when they came out!

i know auto headlights was an easy mod, is one touch front windows just as simple?
Nope, it's not a simple mod.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8352&highlight=auto-up+window

It was included as part of Conv. Gp. II sometime around Nov. Before that, no.

Try a re-cal procedure:

AUTO UP FRONT WINDOW
If the vehicle is equipped with the auto-up front window feature, once the battery is reconnected the door module needs to be calibrated. The door module requires calibration anytime the battery or door module has been disconnected for any length of time. To calibrate, perform the following:
1. Connect the battery cables.
2. Using the window switch, raise the window to the full UP position. Hold the switch in position for 1 second, then drive the window all the way down to the bottom.

#16 ·
leave it to me to drag up an old post but,i have the electronic convience group daytona version sticker says driver side one touch down,in standard options,but i have one touch up/down on both front windows.software version 4.11 build date 5-06.maybe a freebe .....sweet

#17 ·
daytona torRed said:
leave it to me to drag up an old post but,i have the electronic convience group daytona version sticker says driver side one touch down,in standard options,but i have one touch up/down on both front windows.software version 4.11 build date 5-06.maybe a freebe .....sweet
Mine, built in December '05, has auto-up on both front windows too.

#18 ·
Mine said it had the auto feature on both front windows on the sticker,
but only the driver's side has it.
I have software version 4.07 and a 10/05 build date.

#19 ·
R/T Hemi Nut said:
Mine said it had the auto feature on both front windows on the sticker,
but only the driver's side has it.
I have software version 4.07 and a 10/05 build date.
Run the pass window fully up and down 4-5 times in a row. I bet it'll start working. My wife's new 300 didn't work at first, either.

#20 ·
TheBeastMaster said:
Mine did that too. Try the reset procedure in the
Put me down for another person that had the auto up/down window quit working, about a month ago. Mine was the front passenger window, and the auto up just quit one day. I was all ready to go to the dealer and did a search, and somebody had mentioned the Reset/Recalibration procedure in the manual. I tried it, and it worked.

For me the Auto UP & DOWN came as part of SRT Option I package. The window sticker listing said..

Pwr Front, 1-Touch, Up & Down Windows

#22 ·
when you are using the power up and down on the windows, you must fill the touch points point 1 is for manual movement, point 2 is for auto up and auto down. I actually have a problem pushing the button to far and making it go all the way when I only want to vent a little.

#23 ·
I checked mine yesterday after reading this thread. I haven't used the power windows since our heat wave began a few weeks ago. Low and behold, the auto up feature on the driver's door didn't work. I reset the window as described in this thread, and it works fine now. Thanks for the help, guys.;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.