Charger Forums banner

Got a question and i feel dumb!!!!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mtcraigco 
#1 ·
Ok I put slp headers and exhuast on my 5.7 ....Problem im not a smart man there are 4 o2 senors i get that right now do i put the kooks o2 senors extensions you know the shim trick....on the front senors or the rear ????? Plz help im stumped.....

#2 ·
those extensions will go on the rear o2 sensors. the front sensors measure exhaust gases for the air fuel ratio, so putting extensions there would really jack up your car. the rear sensors basically just measure the efficiency of the cats; since the newer cats flow more, you put the extensions between the sensor and the pipe to make up the difference to keep the check engine light from coming on.

#3 ·
Yup, use the extensions for the rear, they are probably farther down the tube and therefore the extensions are necessary. The 02 sensors up towards the engine are the ones that control your AF ratio. If you have a diablo predator, just shut the rear sensors off and dont worry about them. (Put the sensors in of course.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.