Charger Forums banner

Charger R/T vs Camaro SS

22K views 79 replies 33 participants last post by  tacamo01 
#1 ·
Which is the favor in this race? I'm hearing different from both sides.

#56 ·
People always ask me why I didn't get the Hemi...

It's because I already have an LS1 Camaro Convertible. I got the Charger with the 2.7 to get the best possible mileage...

(BTW: My LS1 gets 26 MPG when driven lightly...)
Ever wish you had gotten a Terminator instead? A lot more power.

#55 ·
well...that run was at bradenton in florida...i think it was evening time....dusk-ish, probably in the 70's and fairly humid....i dont really remember, it was a few months ago when i made that run....i have since gotten down to a 13.02....yarrr

#54 ·
very nice comparison btw the two, S8 now put ur wife in the SS and she runs 12s ;)

#58 ·
yes i am from the bay area and i get to race a lot of them stock and some lightly modded and i win hands down from a dig from a roll and at the top end.

#60 ·
LS1 F Body all the way

#66 ·
well i ran this week end against a automatic 2012 chevy camaro SS with the L99 and i have a 2013 charger r/t with the paddle shifters and sport mode button not sure how much faster that is compared to a regular r/t but the 4 times i ran against him and right off the launch i took him after that he was at my rear bumper the whole 1/4 mile never even creeped up nothing just sat by my bumper the whole way down

#67 ·
Interesting that you won..the Camaro SS makes 426 hp and is much lighter than our chargers. Sounds like you were just a better driver than he was! None the less, I'm sure he was embarrassed so that's a win all day long! Or it could have been an RS or an up badger..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#69 ·
well at launch i always got him and i have just the wheels and tunes package nothing much else nobody at the track believed my car was stock and i bearly have 1567 miles on it and was my first time at the track. though i think the climate played a part also it was 87F and 80% humidity so i still cant believe he never beat me or caught up

#70 ·
#73 ·
Dodge has always been very conservative with their numbers. These HEMI engines put out a run of power and the amount of torque is immense.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#78 ·
I have raced two Camaro SS automatics (no sticks) and I have pulled away both times with a stock, 200K mile 6.1

This was from about 65-110

They are certainly quicker than R/Ts but slightly slower than 6.1s and they have no shot against a 6.4

#80 ·
Agree, From my experience racing the SS's with the Stang last year, the auto's were the quickest from 0-60, and the 6 speed SS's were better in the 1/4 mile. Put an Auto SS against the 6 speed and the auto will take the 1/8th but the standard always pulled away by the 1/4. (Just from what I have seen)

IMO, the new R/T Charger's, with a good tune, CAI and Headers with HF Mid's, would give the stock SS auto a good run. (Would have to take out the spare tire, LOL):)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.