Charger Forums banner

Auto Dimming High Beams ????

10K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  lewylew11 
#1 ·
I have a 2016 Hellcat Charger and I notice I do not have the auto high beam feature. Does anybody know if the feature can be programmed into the Charger. Had in on my 2105 Challenger Hellcat that I traded in.

#3 ·
I don't think you're missing much anyway. They got turned off after I drove the car home at night after buying it... right after the DRLs. Maybe the 15 + is different, but the automatic thing wouldn't let me have high beams while driving through my dark residential neighborhood with no other cars around at 20mph, because it doesn't think that's fast enough to need them. I ended up driving through the neighborhood holding the flash to pass so I'd be able to see if there were kids/animals in any of the blind turns, bottom of hills, etc.

#6 ·
Good morning lewylew11,

I have researched your question and without knowing your vehicle configuration I have found 2 things:

As per the owner's manual page 141 states: Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control — If Equipped - which of course could mean your vehicle is not equipped with this feature
OR
as per page 142:
to Activate:
1. Turn the headlight switch to the AUTO headlight
position.
2. Push the multifunction lever away from you (toward
front of vehicle) to engage the high beam mode.
NOTE: This system will not activate until the vehicle is
at or above 15 mph (24 km/h).
You may need to activate this function.

If you want to see what options are on your vehicle you can check out your build sheet at:
www.dodge.com
>Select the “Contact Us” link at the bottom of the webpage
>Keep the location set to U.S
>Under the “Your Vehicle” section select ‘Equipment listing’
>On the right side of the page enter the 17 character VIN, select “Search
>Open the Excel link and the Equipment Listing will appear and can be printed or saved.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks.

Lyne

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.