Charger Forums banner

My 2011 charger trunk keeps opening. PLEASE HELP!!!

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cjelsaes 
#1 ·
Hey what's going on everybody, I need some help. I have a 2011 v6 charger and everytime I go to unlock my doors the trunk opens. I tried only the keyless entry, the trunk opens again. I try only unlocking the doors with the key, and yet again the trunk opens too.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what it could be? Or any idea on how I can fix it?

#2 ·
Do you have two key Fobs? Hide the key Fob you have been using somewhere far away from the car - so the signal from it can not interfere with the car. Then use the second key Fob to see if you get the same behavior.

#6 ·
Good morning Mycharger23,

All new vehicles purchased at an FCA Dealership come with 2 key fobs. If you purchased the vehicle new then I would recommend talking to your sales person at the selling dealership. If you purchased it pre-owned then it could be the previous owner only turned in one key fob and you may want to pursue that further.

Thanks.

Lyne

#4 · (Edited)
You need to replace the little switch on the trunk if it is made of hard plastic with the newer version that is covered in rubber. The old hard plastic ones let in water and dirt and then malfunction. I think the part is about $25...it is called a "Passive Entry Switch". There may have even been a recall on this in the past.

Until you get the new switch you can turn the passive entry stuff off using the EVIC menus.

#7 ·
Sounds to me like you have the trunk button issue mentioned before related to the passive entry. The button malfunctions and will randomly open the trunk (and sometimes when you do things like lock and unlock). Try disabling the passive entry from the EVIC if your problem is solved by disabling the passive entry, this is your problem. The new (better designed) part can be found on ebay for $15 and it takes about 15 minutes with basic tools to replace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.