Charger Forums banner

All SRT Track Experience Attendees post your dates/locations here

122K views 517 replies 241 participants last post by  joekd 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to pick a day and it looks like Monday is booked already.

Edit: I'm in for April 5th Lime Rock CT

#484 ·
So this was 05 then? I thought it was odd since the program hit its 10 yr anniversary this year I thought at some point they would have had vipers available

-- sent from my HTC DNA --

#489 ·
Nope....but all the other SRTs are there.

#493 ·
I'm signed up for Vegas on March 29th. Its the same weekend as MATS (Mopars At the Strip). The roadcourse at Topeka and Dallas might be better than the one they have in Vegas, but its Topeka and Dallas and not Vegas.

#497 · (Edited)
We did the Las Vegas event yesterday (3.29.15). They had a bunch of Jeeps, 300s, Challengers and Charger SRT's for us to drive.

The quality of the event exceeded my expectations. Having done a reasonable amount of autox and tracking on another car I thought not only were the facilities great, but the crew supporting the event were outstanding.

Temps hit 93 degrees, with a slight wind. The crew didn't loose pace with the day and were ensuring everyone got as many runs as they wanted.

There was only one Charger SRT there, and a Charger SRT Bee. Huge difference between the two. The 300's were of the fastest on the road course.

I had a blast. My wife enjoyed it. At the end of the day after autox, drag racing and two sessions of road course time; the instructors took each person out for hot laps. I enjoyed this and so did my wife.

I think it's a great program. Apparently it's been going on for years. There were some 60 people in my group, little larger then normal.

To get really good behind the wheel you'll need more seat time and instruction then they offer. This is a experience, so you're getting in and out of different cars frequently. Seats have been adjusted, cars are different etc. While we touched some high speeds at different runs, tripple digits, I never felt comfortable really pushing the cars. You get two around the road course per session. While the cars are getting a beating, two laps makes it hard to really get into a groove. They do this though because most people are exhausted by mid-day. A few people opted not to run by the afternoon because they were so tired.

The event was very safe. Learned some neat things about the cars, like they're all stock, some had 11k of pure track miles, no issues. They've never had a mechanical issue on these cars. Program has logged over 250k in track miles on SRT products.

My brakes never faded and oil temps peaked at 272f. They felt this was just fine. See that pic below. Also the ESC system never kicked in while driving. They make you keep it on for safety but it never got in my way. While 4400lbs cars they hold much better than they feel they should. You can just keep pushing them and they go where you point them.

If you haven't, sign up. I might even drop the $500 next year to do it again. The value is great. You beat on their car, consume their rubber and they feed you.

But, if you're looking for 20 minutes of track time to really get into a grove. It's not that kind of program. While you can ride along with an instructor it's not heavy on the teaching. The lead-follow will go as fast as you can keep up in the afternoon, so you get the fun you want safely.

Attachments

#507 ·
I don't know for sure if the Scat Pack qualifies, I have heard yes and no, they do not drive them on track. There was one in the parking lot at the event today, but I never ran into who was driving it. I did it at Daytona today and I can tell you it is worth it even if you pay for it, what a great time! I will do it again. They have added Vipers and Hellcat Challengers to the lineup now, so it's even better.

#509 · (Edited)
My Father in Law(DAD) and I did Daytona International Speedway. I was a driver and he was a guest, They had a diverse lineup, 2015 SRT Chargers, HellCat Challengers, 2015 392 Challengers, 2015 392 Jeep, and yes the Viper available to drive! My partner and I drove the Vipers in the rain a total of 4 times at speeds of 80 mph after coming off the corners. We started off with the new Charger witch in my opinion handled way better than than Hellcat Challenger in the rain. It was so awesome driving these cars under total wet conditions, because you really get an appreciation of their TRUE ability. The Viper in the rain was a true MONSTER! It was so much fun to drive! Second, was the Jeep, off the corners it was the only vehicle of the day I could go open throttle with in the conditions. 3rd was the Charger, in the rainy conditions it handled very well much better than the Hellcat.

The quality of the event exceeded my expectations in that there were Vipers and Hellcats to drive plus good food!. Also the Crew Chiefs took super good care of us!
The weather was awful, pouring rain non stop, and the crews did an amazing job not to loose pace with the day and were ensuring everyone got as many runs as they wanted! We had so much fun in the rain!! They also made sure all the guest's got good and safe rides!

This was an Awesome experience through and through!! I have had to wait to get it, from the time I bought my 12 Super Bee until yesterday I have been deployed non stop and couldn't register. However after calling SRT they told me to just register and no matter what I'd get my track day. As Luck had it, it poured on me all day and it was so much fun and the guys from SRT took awesome care of us!!! In the end I got an AMAZING HOT LAP in a VIPER doing over a 120 on the straights and 70mph or higher through the turns, after it dried out a little!!!!

#511 ·
Is the driving school only going to be in Arizona, or will they move the school to different tracks around the nation?
Are they cramming the nation of SRT owners in a 1 day school?
How, when, and where can one register?
Is there going to be the SRT Track Experience as well as the Bondurant School?
Why do they have to announce this last minute?

So many questions, so few answers!

#513 ·
I just picked up my '16 Charger HC and thought it was odd that the SRT Track Experience was not listed on the sticker. Now I know why and I'm not pleased at all. :(

#515 ·
I didn't have it listed on my SRT when I got it in May but I contacted Dodge and they said my car qualified for the SRT experience. But now I don't know. If they are not going to honor it they should compensate us, even if it's credit for parts or service.

#518 ·
There are still 2017 dates available but again, they are only at the Bondurant facility in AZ

March 10, 2017 (Friday) SOLD OUT
May 5, 2017 (Friday) SOLD OUT
June 16, 2017 (Friday) SOLD OUT
June 30, 2017 (Friday) SOLD OUT
July 21, 2017 (Friday)
August 4, 2017 (Friday)
August 18, 2017 (Friday)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.