Charger Forums banner

How to clean or detail my car's underbody?

4K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  gymrat7953 
#1 ·
I'm just wondering how can I clean the underbody w/o going to the autowash?Advice and comments welcomed.

#2 ·
As anal as I am about keeping my car clean, even I don't worry about the undercarriage that much! I do have a wand with a long shaft and directional head that I can use but the only person who sees up under there is me when I'm changing the oil.

#3 ·
As anal as I am about keeping my car clean, even I don't worry about the undercarriage that much! I do have a wand with a long shaft and directional head that I can use but the only person who sees up under there is me when I'm changing the oil.
:biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :biggrinjester: :slap: :slap: :slap: :rockon:

#5 ·
I put the front of the car up on ramps, then take a damp rag and clean front to back. It may be a pain in the a$$.I'm also very anal when it comes to keeping the car and my truck clean.

#7 ·
Here is my experience with the rust proofing!! If you spray the under body every week during the winter then you shouldnt have anything to worry about because you're not letting the salt/sand mixture stay on your car. I had the rust proofing put on my Charger when I was stationed in upstate NY and personally I think its a waste of money if you constantly spray/wash your car. It leaves this brownish crud everywhere they use it and it makes your car stink for a week or two. If I showed you what my engine bay looks like u would think it was filthy but its just the coating of the rust proofing

#12 ·
about 4x's per year...I set up the ocilating lawn sprinkler longways on the driveway and drive over it; knocks down a bunch of road grime.I snake under the back end with old rags and a spray bottle of soapy water and wipe down the rear end / corsa etc.; then finish off with Adams / CG barebones spray. Front end service cover gets wiped and sprayed down too.
Every 1x week car wash - I clean the door jams / hindges and the gas panel. And yes I wipe under the trunk and hood.
My children are grown and my wife is getting her masters... I have time on my hands that I spend playing with my CSRT8.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.