Charger Forums banner

Nitrous installed. CEL codes abound!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  1FST4DR 
#1 ·
Hey guys. I got the ZEX Nitrous kit installed in my SRT8 the other day. After getting it all together and starting the car, i noticed that the CEL was lit. Mind you this is before I even used the gas... Actually it still has not been used except for purging. I did the key cycle thing 3 times to see what the codes were and it gave me these four codes in this order...P0113, P0123, P0222, P2111. It looks like they all pertain to Throttle circuits. Im not a professional at wiring but im sure the wiring is correct at least by the instructions included with the kit. i went "by the book" and even searched and read through the nitrous posts here in the forums before i took on the challenge.

The next day, I started the car and the CEL was gone! I did the key cycle again and the codes are still there, but the CEL has not come back on. Im lost and dont know what the problem is. I need to get the car inspected this month and im not sure if it will pass if those codes are present.

Any of you "smarter than me" guys out there have any thoughts? thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Hmmmm, wish I could help ya out with this one. I know there are a few guys out there with SRT8s running nitrous, so hopefully someone will chime in. If you have a predator though, Im pretty sure you can clear those codes anyways, then you should have no problems passing any kind of test. And if you dont have a Predator already.... well, you need to get one! Thats all Im gonna say! The benefits of the unit are utterly invaluable!

-Pat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.