Charger Forums banner

Mod Suggestions

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  370 HEMI 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and to owning a charger and have to say I'm excited about both! I've owned my car now for about 6 months and I'm thrilled with it. It is a 2015 SXT plus. It's a great car and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for any mods or upgrades I can get to working on. My main concerns are power and sound, I personally love the look of the car right now, however, I would appreciate any exterior ideas. Some pictures just for reference.(sorry they're so blurry, they had to be downsized for whatever reason)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats and welcome! Good looking car you got there! I added the Mopar CAI to mine. it added a nice growl and looks great under the hood (probably losing a little HP from what I've read, but thats alright with me). Change the mufflers/exhaust system if you want more sound/some performance increase(check out threads on what others have tried and their feedback of the sound, youtube has a lot of clips too). Hard to tell in your pics but if you don't have tint already, a dark tint would look great on your car. Rims? Are you going for any particular color combo? Spoiler? A lot of people have used performance tuners.

#3 ·
Congrats! I can say now that I've added it to mine, do a CAI, I did an AFE and like it, gives you some nice sound at WOT and above 4k RPM. Check and see if you have factory dual exhaust or if you have a Y pipe (one pipe coming from the engine split into two at the end), that would be No. 2 in my book, then you can pick out nice dual exhaust mufflers/resonators.

After that, sky's the limit...there are some cool hacks for Uconnect like Lockpick & the Tazer to shut off the ESC completely...good luck!

Reactions: Wolf4485
#4 · (Edited)
Wow! Thanks to both of you guys for replying so quick, that's great! Ok so yes I have put some thought into a CAI but never actually pulled the trigger on it, would you say it's worth the 300-400 bucks? Also the tint is a great idea, I never even really thought about that. For colors, I was thinking possibly like a blackout thing, with some black rims maybe. With the exhaust, that's definitely something that's been on my mind lately, do you know much about the flow master super 10, so far they seem like a good choice. On the uconnect, the Tazer from Zautotech that has really interested me and I've heard nothing but good about.Also, quick question, I thought CAIs were supposed to improve performance not decrease? Was I wrong there?

#5 ·
CAIs do increase performance, but very marginally by themselves. You'd have to do an exhaust and engine tune to get anything significant. It's more about sound really with the CAI as far as I can tell. Still waiting to see if my MPGs improve.

My exhaust is already true dual but I wanna replace the mufflers and resonators with this particular muffler that escapes my mind atm and some glasspacks. There are lots of videos on youtube of 3.6s various exhaust types.

Reactions: Wolf4485
#6 ·
Blackout look would be badass! As far as the CAI being worth the money, thats a matter of opinion. For me personally I absolutely love the sounds and look, so I'm glad I did. MPG may have increased slightly, but not huge difference. So basically i paid over $400 for some sound and looks. I do plan on getting an exhaust and tuner eventually, so it may pay off more performance wise in the future for me. If i knew exactly what i was going to do exhaust wise and it would have cost around the same i would have done that first. Exhaust would be much more noticeable for sound of course (I'm trying to figure out the right setup for the sound i want, researching performance/longevity/pricing).

#7 ·
On the performance end that produces power, get a quart of ACES IV and add 1 oz per 6 gallons in the fuel. It will produce in the 3.6L about 6 hp and about 10 ft lbs of torque + increase mileage while protecting the inside of the engine.

Remember that you have 4 valves per cylinder to 24 total valves and 4 times less stem and guide wear with 5 times less valve damage and 6 times less ring and bore wear along with power is a great quick mod.....pour it in.

A quart is $68.60 and does 13 tanks of 15 gallons of fuel.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179482

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#8 ·
On the performance end that produces power, get a quart of ACES IV and add 1 oz per 6 gallons in the fuel. It will produce in the 3.6L about 6 hp and about 10 ft lbs of torque + increase mileage while protecting the inside of the engine.

Remember that you have 4 valves per cylinder to 24 total valves and 4 times less stem and guide wear with 5 times less valve damage and 6 times less ring and bore wear along with power is a great quick mod.....pour it in.

A quart is $68.60 and does 13 tanks of 15 gallons of fuel.

http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179482

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com
Hmm, a bit (bunch) skeptical about these claims.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.