Charger Forums banner

Traded in my 2009 SXT for a 2012 SE....

3K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  msnyder1112 
#1 ·
So last week I was heading up to Cleveland for some hiking. On the way there, I pulled out my phone and checked out autotrader. I wasn't driving!
I pulled a query to show me all the listed Chargers in the area.
One struck my eye! A 2012 SE with 58k miles. 12,800 bucks!
My mind was going back and forth. I loved my 2009 SXT but the previous owner didn't take care of it like they should have.
Nearing 110k miles, clunky front end, sticky rear caliper, keyed down the drivers door... These are just some of the reasons why I decided to pursue this 2012.
Now don't get me wrong. I want a hemi. Who doesn't? It's just not practical for me right now.
I did my research on this dealership with very few bad ratings so I decided to go down and check it out. The dealership is about 45 minutes away from me.

I test drove the car for a good 30-40 minutes around this town that I wasn't familiar with.
I fell in love with the way it drove!
I went home that day with a 2012 Charger SE.

I'm still trying to figure out how to post a picture... lol bare with me!

See less See more
#8 ·
Looks good! Good luck with with the new Charger!!

#12 ·
I thought black only added 50 HP to the crank, not to the wheels, haha! I respectfully disagree on it being the fastest color. It's second place to blue. :)

#22 · (Edited)
It does it's job perfectly and as long as you read the manual, watch the provided video, and verify your vehicles gear when you exit. So there are no problems if you use common sense. I think the shifter looks good and has a premium German feel. Almost the same shifter was in the Audi A8, though I think the Charger's looks better.

#24 ·
The shifter is horrible that's why they got rid of it in '15. It's very difficult to go from D to R especially if you're parallel parking with traffic coming up behind you. When you're driving you shouldn't have to check to see what gear you're selecting you should be able to move it into position without looking or thinking about it. The '12 e-shifter always retunes to the same position no matter what gear you're in. When you use a shifter in any car standard or automatic the gears/positions should always be in the same physical place on the shifter all the times. Even the stupid Dial shifter in the 300 has its own positions for each gear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.