Charger Forums banner

New charger.. Paint correction needed?

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Junkman2008 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently bought a 2011 charger.. Paint looks good.. ( From my knowledge) swirls, mirror effect ect. But I do have on the hood about 8 to 10 spot about the size of a penny that has dyed my car with black spots.. ( its a Granite Crystal Metallic) so its not noticeable but it bother me when i see it up close. I haven't been able to get them off. I have only hand washed the car with..( no ideal what the person before me did to it).. I'm not to knowledgeable of what to do after that since that is the extent of my knowledge.. Suggestion?
Thanks

#4 · (Edited)
Here are the images. I don't have a lot more information since I don't know how they get there or no clue of how they could of since it did happened before I owned it..
-Best pictures (sorry) the last one seems to show quite a bit of the problem..
And your videos were very good, informative.. Im just not certain after watching them if i need to clay or polish?
Anyone can respond i just was giving him my thanks.
Thanks

Attachments

#7 ·
I did understand the videos just to clarify.. I was more concerned if maybe I would have to do something more "extreme " than clay baring.. and was wanting someone with more knowledge to see my problem and could elaborate if i do or not.. non the less i get the first step and will continue with that.
Thanks

#8 · (Edited)
The only thing "more aggressive" is polishing, which is what you have to do anyway after claying. That's why there should be no confusion after watching those videos, None. If there is one thing that I'm good at doing its being thorough. Some people claim that I'm too repetitive. This is why.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.