Charger Forums banner

Danko or Mopar?

14K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  krautmaster 
#1 ·
Been having a hard time deciding if I want the Danko or Mopar front chin spoiler. I like the Danko one, just in certain shots on other Chargers it looks like it sticks out too far for my liking, but in others it looks awesome. The Mopar one is a little cheaper and looks great too. My main concern is clearance issues, I know the Mopar spoiler doesn't have any but the Danko spoiler may or may not. Does anyone have this mod on their ride that could chime in on this??

#2 ·
I'm interested in this too. Been thinking about the danko front lip spoiler and deep dish grill. Hadn't noticed that the lip spoiler stuck out any further. Thanks for bringing this up.

2014 phantom black rt max

#3 ·
Here's what I was referring to.

Danko:

Mopar:

Pulled these from lx forum and this forum respectively, wouldn't mind adding on the support rods like the Danko has, really like that look.

#5 ·
Not too sure how else to get them to come through. If you right click them and open them in a new tab the Danko one links you to the lxforums and the Mopar links you the charger forums (here).

#6 ·
I had this same decision over this last summer.. I ended up going with the mopar one as it was cheaper and all around looked better.. I felt the danko looked good from head on but the side it stuck out a lot and made the front end look longer..
That definitely was the deciding factor as up at my school here in Colorado there are a lot of curbs and I was afraid of crushing it pulling up to far.

#7 ·
Those are my thoughts on it too, like it will take away from the front fascia since the Danko sticks out a lot. I re-did the front end with some mods and I feel like putting the Danko on would place all the focus on the lip instead of the front as a whole.

#8 ·
I see what you're saying with the widths. The danko does appear to be wider. I wonder if the color has something to do with it.

Is this the danko or mopar? I like how it looks. Now that I see your links I feel like it might be mopar.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Black Rim

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
I see what you're saying with the widths. The danko does appear to be wider. I wonder if the color has something to do with it.

Is this the danko or mopar? I like how it looks. Now that I see your links I feel like it might be mopar.
View attachment 155513

Yea, thats the Mopar one. Looks like it has a Danko grill insert though. Dead giveaway between the Mopar and the Danko is (like you said) the wider widths and the Danko lip wraps all the way around the lower bumper. Being that it covers the bottom half of the bumper, that's where my clearance questions come into play.

#10 ·
Thanks for the link, I've ran across some of the pictures before. I really like the look on the orange charger in that link with the rod supports on it. I guess I'm just trying to figure out what it would look like on mine since its all blacked out.

#13 ·
#14 ·
If you like the rod supports I think you should go with the danko. Looks like a more significant spoiler to support the rods.

This is on a 06-10 srt model but the rods look cool.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Rim

These are the pics that sold me on the danko look.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Wheel Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Grille

#15 ·
I guess I'm going to have to pull the proverbial trigger on the Danko spoiler, love those support rods.

#16 ·
I have the Danko Spoiler and love it!

Flows very well with the rest of the car...the person who installed it complimented Mo on his 'perfect' fit - especially since this is a fiberglass product.

Just in case the two of you havent seen this yet, thought I'd throw this out there due to the support rod factor :)

http://www.bmcextremecustoms.net/dochsesxtrtf.html

Good luck with your decision and be sure to post pics after the install!

#17 ·
Lovin the ride Powerman!

#19 ·
whoops! thanks for clarifying. anyhow, your ride still looks great!

#22 ·
#23 ·
I got my Mopar front lip off of Amazon and I'm happy with it. Shipped quickly, and came with rivets for the install. The directions are kind of wonky, but it's simple enough to figure out. I didn't want to have to worry about hitting the danko one so I went with Mopar.

Attachments

#24 ·
I also used Amazon and was happy with it overall, if you get it new it will be from a dealership somewhere that sells them. Mine actually came with a little scrape on the inside at the edge of it but it wasn't too bad. I had the dealership install it with my scat pack but I dropped everything off in it's original packaging/wrapping so I don't know if it was shipping damage or done while they were installing it. It comes super wrapped up in shrink wrap like stuff so I couldn't tell just from looking at it before I dropped it off. I love the way it looks though! It doesn't look aftermarket at all and it's no lower that the car itself so you can go right over the same curbs and stuff without sweating it.

#27 ·
I'm in the same boat for trying to make a decision on which lip to get.

The Danko looks a bit more aggressive, but I feel like the Mopar lip tapers into the front fascia a little better on the sides. I'm also not encouraged by the extremely long wait for Danko parts.

#28 ·
opinion danko?

I would like to get the Danko spoiler but i read on the forum that the wait to get the part is very long, and someone had a bad experience with the quality of the product (paint was scratching) For those who buy the danko one, are you satisfied with the product?

and since i'm from canada.. shipping is almost the cost of the lips itself (161$:serious:)

I look around everday here on the forum to find someone who has a danko front lip for sale but not a chance..:frown2:

Thanks for the help, i can't decide which one ! Dang that's hard. Like a women which clothes she wants... :wink3:

#29 ·
I would like to get the Danko spoiler but i read on the forum that the wait to get the part is very long
That's why I decided to get the Mopar front lip. It costs less than your shipping for the Danko and I got it in 3 days.

Also, I decided the Danko lip looks like it belongs to a bodykit that the rest of the car doesn't have. The Mopar lip tapers into the front fascia on the sides in a more subtle way.

The Danko lip does have an aggressive look that is very cool, but I decided the cons outweighed it for me.

No ragrets. :bigthumb:

Reactions: David Lamontagne
#37 ·
LOL, It is funny because just last week, the local news reported that a new car dealership was getting parts stolen off of the used car lot section. Guess what it was. A 2010 Dodge Charger with drivers and passenger doors stolen. Yep, a pic was shown on facebook with the charger and no doors on one side. Looks like someone is fixing up their ride around here.

#39 ·
Finally pulled the trigger and went with the Mopar lip, I'm diggin' it!!

Attachments

#40 ·
Me too!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.