Charger Forums banner

Key battery

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TBird100636 
#1 ·
So I am on the road for the next 12 hours or so and half an hour away from home, my evic says "key battery low". How likely is it to die today and what will happen?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
And amusingly enough... my other key ALSO has a low battery warning. That's pretty consistent battery death. Anyway, I guess I'm stopping at the store tomorrow and getting a couple batteries to make them both good for the next 3 years.

#5 ·
The average battery life in our FOBIKs (keys) is around 2 years. My 2011 was built 1/2011, bought it 11/2011 and the key I use all the time had a low battery starting 10/2012. Went to about 12/2012 and it still worked, but replaced it about that time. My spare one was dead sometime in 2013, new battery and it worked great.

It should be noted, if you are still under basic warranty, key batteries are covered under basic warranty. The above 2 times I paid nothing. I'm out of basic now, and I just replaced the battery in my primary key again after 2 years. Only a few bucks for a new battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.