Charger Forums banner

275x40x20 tires all around??

16K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  SiCKViCC 
#1 ·
Just saw a Hellcat at the dealer's show room today. :banana::locked::banana:

It looks very much like my son's 2012 SRT Challenger with a great big supercharger and 275x40x20 Pirelli P Zeros all around.

The main limitation for acceleration on my 2013 Charger SRT and my son's SRT Challenger is tire spin whenever I try and break a 4.5 second zero to sixty run. Ground up my first set of rear tires at 6,000 miles. :rocker:

Any reason I shouldn't put 275x40x20 Michelins or Pirellis all around next time I replace my tires? :beerchug:

#3 ·
I have them all around as well. The wider track will affect gas mileage a bit, and traction will not be improved very much over factory tires unless you match or decrease tread wear simultaneously. Still like them better for looks and side to side fun.

Mav

#4 ·
I've run 275/40's on all four corners since I killed the stock tires.

#5 ·
I bought my first set of 275's about a week before going to Nurburgring (yes, the one in Germany). I can confirm: 275's ABSOLUTELY make a difference in cornering ability, though I did not notice much (if any) "off the line" difference from a dead stop.

#19 · (Edited)
I had thought about putting wider tires on mine many times, but the only change I have ever made was from the beginning, and that's running 255/45's all around. I actually did that just to have a slightly smoother ride.
Anyone else notice that the car seems to have a slight downward rake? I have been asked many times if I have had it lowered, mine too is completely stock..(can't see them well in this pic but I put brand new calipers up front about 100 miles ago!)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.