Charger Forums banner

2014 Charger RT Hemi Exhaust options

34K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  s007mg 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a louder sound for my 2014 Charger.. It has the Hemi motor but is so quite! I looked at Flowmaster and see nothing for the 8 cylinder motor. Called Dodge and they had nothing to offer. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

#2 ·
Are you sure you looked it up correctly? I went on Flowmaster's website and put your specs in and got two options for exhaust...

#6 ·
I love my Dynomax Catback. I have a 2014 AWD RT Sport. The midrange power gains are incredible. I also got a better 60' time at the track (Best was 2.106. this year was 2.00), knocked 2 tenths off my quarter and gained 1.75 MPH so the power gain is real.

#8 · (Edited)
Mopar, Kooks, Pypes, SLP, Magnaflow, Dynomax, Flowmaster, Corsa, and Summit Racing all have systems that will fit the '14 Rt. The options for these cars is really quite extensive.
Here's a link to Summit for 8 systems '14 exhausts, listed specifically for the '14 RT.
You can increase that list by a lot by dropping the '14 filter. Any system that will fit a '11+ will fit the '14. Some companies don't list as fitting the '14 until they've tested it themselves for fitment, so you won't find them with that filter in. Search for a '11 RT and the list doubles, and that's on Summit alone. Other kits are offered on other sites. You've got a very large list to search from.

That ought to keep you busy for a while. :D

#12 ·
There is a Dodge endorsed Mopar exhaust catback system available for your 2014. It's made by Corsa. It's $1,650 from Dodge and $1,400 from Corsa.

#16 ·
I had the dealer install a Flowmaster cat back 5 days ago....The drone will kill ya!
I have to run it in Sport mode, and shift up to keep the drone at a minimum....
I guess it needs additional resonators, but there is hardly room for them to fit.
Now, here's the rub....The MDR wants to convert that beautiful 8 cyl sound, to a
4 cyl sound.........I'm having the original system replaced tomorrow. Want to buy
the Flowmaster....less than 150 miles.....Cheap price!

#17 ·
Not sure if anybody has said this. But I have Corsa Xtremes on my RT, and I absolutely love it, I giggle a little bit and smile every time I turn it on, and every time I get on it. What's nice about this exhaust, is that when your under ~2500 RPM, it's nice and quiet, almost stock. Get even a bit above that, and the car just roars to life. Definitely don't discount these as an option

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#20 ·
Just had the Dynomax Super Turbo Cat-Backs (p/n 39518) installed today on my 2014 R/T. Love the sound. I had Borlas on my 05 Magnum R/T and loved those as well but they are significantly higher priced.

From all the recommendations here (and on another Charger forum) I decided to try the Dynomax system and I have to say I like them a lot.

#23 ·
2014 Charger RT exhaust

I've been looking at different catback exhaust brands and Flowmaster seems to be it for me. My question is it possible to keep majority of the 2.5" OEM tubing under my car and replace only the muffler and resonator? How much HP or sound will I gain/loose depending on which option I go with? With these aftermarket brands that utilize the factory mounting locations I can't see why I'd need to replace all the tubing for the same size, how much could the bends vary? Any input would be great, thanks.

#24 ·
... How much HP or sound will I gain/loose depending on which option I go with?
A Borla sales guy told me that a correctly designed, made, and installed cat-back exhaust could deliver around 10% gain. So you'd probably be around 5% to 7% increase doing it that way. Only the dyno knows!

The sound you end up with will depend on which FM series you choose.

#25 ·
Just did this today 02/05/2015

Ok finally I put new exhaust (Flowmaster) and deleted the reso's...boy it sure made a really big difference! I even listened to the whole thing with the reso's still on and could not notice big change from stock exhaust. So the put straight pipe in place of reso's. Ill attach some pics...got it all done for $380 included parts, tax, and labor. Hope this helps, (hope I attached pic's correctly too)

Attachments

#28 ·
Ok finally I put new exhaust (Flowmaster) and deleted the reso's...boy it sure made a really big difference! I even listened to the whole thing with the reso's still on and could not notice big change from stock exhaust. So the put straight pipe in place of reso's. Ill attach some pics...got it all done for $380 included parts, tax, and labor. Hope this helps, (hope I attached pic's correctly too)
I had the same thing done today on my 15' R/T. I went with the Magnaflow at the rear in place of stock. I like you had them run it with the resos still in at first and didn't notice a huge difference (at least up on the rack.) So I had them delete the resos and it sounds great. However for the 20mi drive home on the hwy they started to annoy me. The drone and vibration got old quick. Hence it's going back in the shop so they can add some new resonators = Mo Money!
:frown2:

#26 ·
And yes, I kept all stock tubing except for the mufflers, and reso's...plus added a few feet of straight pipe to finish is all up. Save your $$$ for more mod's and upgrades unless you've got the $$$ to put in for full cat back system. I am totally happy with my results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.