Charger Forums banner

EPA fuel detergent minimun.....

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JGcharger 
#1 ·
With the EPA reducing its minimum amount of detergent by almost 50% in the last few years one has got to wonder why? Why is the EPA removing all the good stuff from our oil and all the good stuff from out fuel?

What is the motivation that's driving this? Dry fuels with no detergents and lessor oils?

In my area I have two Top Tier fuel choices...Costco and Holiday Fuels....and these stores are in Fargo...the rest of the state no top tier fuels

So Brian what can ACES IV do to add to detergency to a non top tier fuel?
And if a top tier fuel has 5x more detergent than the EPA minimum how much does ACES IV add to that number?

#2 · (Edited)
With the EPA reducing its minimum amount of detergent by almost 50% in the last few years one has got to wonder why? Why is the EPA removing all the good stuff from our oil and all the good stuff from out fuel?

Without getting political, it is worshiping at the altar of the planet. You have a real dichotomy going on here or a bifurcation anyway.

Performance is what has been selling to our type of people....hence the reason for the Hellcat, the Z-28 Camaro, the GT500 Shelby etc. However, the politicians want Nissan Leafs, Prius iterations and the like which are being financially supported.

What is the motivation that's driving this? Dry fuels with no detergents and lessor oils?

While that is going on, the cost of raw materials continues to go up on base oils and additives for both fuels and oils. While we have always supported a get clean and then keep clean venue with OUR products, EPA was sold by the oil companies that keep clean was good enough. The story goes that people don't keep their cars more than 4.6 to 5.8 years anyway and if we just do a keep clean.....then within a few years all the cars will be clean and EPA being a government agency that doesn't want facts to get in the way of an agenda......the reductions in quality. The other part is as the costs are going up and people don't have as much money, they are keeping the prices the same and de-contenting where they can to maintain profit margins. The other part is that a Tribologist like me at a regular oil company is told that he or she can make the best oil they want to but it can't exceed a certain price including packaging and contents. Sometimes that is a price target of $1.89. By the time it gets to an Auto$one or Warmart, that price is $7.50 per quart or $5.61 in transportation, subwholesaling and JIT delivery + 40% profit at retail. We don't cut our quality EVER and do what we can not to raise our prices because we know that our customers depend on the quality, consistency and continual price targets. We do also what we can to give a way things that actually have meaning.......like the flashlights etc. Little things but head and shoulders above anything else out there. I guess what I am saying is we do business BECAUSE of our customers where as the others do business inspite of them!

In my area I have two Top Tier fuel choices...Costco and Holiday Fuels....and these stores are in Fargo...the rest of the state no top tier fuels

So Brian what can ACES IV do to add to detergency to a non top tier fuel?
And if a top tier fuel has 5x more detergent than the EPA minimum how much does ACES IV add to that number?
Dave, ACES IV contains....depending on what formula (ACES IV, ACES IV-FIC, ACES IV-P, ACES IV-2S) 8 to 12 times more detergents than what is minimum standard and at least 5 to 7 times more than the regular top tier....again depending on the blends from the refinery and the state regulations.

So using ACES IV on a regular basis will ENSURE that you will get clean and keep clean regardless of what fuel you use. Safe, Effective, Enjoyable....ACES IV.:beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#3 ·
That's amazing how little ACES IV can improve the detergency of a fuel. When I say little I mean 1 ounce to 6 gallons of fuel.

#4 ·
Brian, what do the different ACES entail? does each specific ACES perform differently and is the cost different for each one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.