Charger Forums banner

Projector headlights with halos

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  trashboat 
#1 ·
Can you see good with the project headlights and can you even tell the halos are on = ebay projectors

#2 ·
Depends. When I got mine, they didn't have a great view side-to-side. I noticed this especially on turns. There is a very specific shape to the lights. OEM lights tend to scatter the light vs. projectors focus the beam. On the flip side, in some areas you get better light than OEM. You can compensate this though more upgrades:

1) Upgrade headlights to HID. The halogens are not that great that come with these. I've noticed a difference since upgrading to HID. Plan on spending about $80 on a kit.
2) If you have fogs, upgrade those to HID too. The fogs will scatter the light and fill in the spots the headlights don't reach. The factory bulbs are more for show. Plan on $35 for this kit.

Do those two things and you'll have better light than OEM and your car will look awesome. If you can only afford one kit at a time, do the fogs first. Also, most people said their Spyder headlights come misaligned. Plan on adjusting these so you're not blinding people your first time out. My beam is between the trunk and taillights for most cars.

The halos are essentially an acrylic ring with an LED that projects into it. Kind of like a fiber optic cable in a ring. If you're looking for something that's bright in day-time then this is not for you. It does look great dawn, dusk, and night though. You can see them during the day but they are not as bright as an LED ring or CCFL. I didn't go that route because of costs and complexity of the install. You have to put your headlights in an oven to separate the lenses.

Good Luck. Let us know what you decide on.

#4 ·
Nice. Looks like we have the same grill. Some matte black le-mains decals would look good on that.

I went with the spyder headlights because they are fairly inexpensive and look great. If i ever wanted to go back to oem, I just reinstall them and sell the spyders. Plus I figured if the install goes bad (led/ccfl rings) I could potentially ruin headlights on my daily driver.

#5 ·
When looking at the Halo's on the ebay projectors make sure you get CCFL if you want them bright during the day. I wanted CCFL and they sent me the wrong ones. I kept them because I got them cheap, but I really wish they were CCFL. I will do a retrofit soon to fix that.

#6 ·
So the CCFL halos are bright during the day? I thought about buying those and I saw a web site called theretrofitsource.com which I believe may be what your talking about im just worried about when after putting the headlights back together after installing the halo kits is getting moisture in the lenses.

#8 ·
I've had a fair response from the Ebay projectors that I had on my magnum. The CCFL was better than a halo. The fitment left a little gap between the lights and the fascia and this is what has me hesitant about doing the aftermarket lights on my charger.

#9 ·
I bought a set off ebay and I have to agree wish I got the ccfl halos but I also did the hid lights too. I also bought the drive lights halo and projector didnt really make a difference ill be switching back to regular light housing but keeping the hid. Just my .02 once you have hid driving with normal lights will never be the same it seems like they arent even on lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.