Charger Forums banner

New Charger RT Owner

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Heritage RT 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just purchased a 2014 RT / Road & Track Edition (White, black interior, 14,000 miles). Love the sport buckets with heat and ventilated options, the combo of leather and fabric seats have always been a favorite of mine. The black grille with honeycomb really stands out with the white exterior, mean looking. Questions already for the group, appreciate the feedback:
1) what does the 3.06 rear axle ratio really do for you?..
2) what should I expect from the car once in sport mode?
I am sure these questions have been asked before, the Charger did not come with a owners manual (previous owner must still have it). Thanks in advance..:driving:

#2 ·
The lower rear will acentually help you accelarate faster.
Sport mode holds lower gears longer, down shifts faster & locks out O/D, among other computer control related thing. It's good for a road course. With the amount of torque the engine has I almost never use it on the street. It's hard enough to keep the rear tires from breaking lose without it.

#3 ·
Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

#9 ·
Thanks everyone, I have had my RT for over a week now and ready for some mod's. I have been looking into the mid muffler delete, have seen numerous you tube clips and comments. Question I have with the Road n Track package (3.06 rear end) will the drone be over whelming? I am looking for just a slight increase in the growl, sound of the exhaust and it appears the muffler delete is the way to go. Thanks in advance, good to feel like part of a fraternity!!!..FYI, live in the Southwest Burbs of Chicago!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.