Charger Forums banner

Removing the rear seat

51K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  truwest562 
#1 ·
I have a 06 charger se, and i need to know to remove the backseat so that i can get to the rear speakers so install new ones. I have already taken the seat cushion off, i just cant get the back part off. Does anyone know how to do that. The service manual doesn't tell you how to take it out.

Thank you :lol:

#4 · (Edited)
Move your front seats all the way forward. Get in the back. One side at a time, drive one of your knees into the front of the seat at the center of where someone would sit. Push as hard as you can toward the trunk. Put both your hands in the crack behind one of the seats, and pull up toward you with very steady, firm pressure at a 45 Degree angle. You will hear a pop when it releases. Move over to the other side and do the same thing. There are two u-shaped wires (about 1 1/2") that go into a slots on ether side at the front. The seat is nothing more than a big pad that is cliped into place. Hope this helps out.

#9 ·
"Seat Removal":
Here's the details, see the attached picture and refer to these steps:

Step #1: On each corner of the rear lower seat, pull up hard, until you hear it pop out of the car floor (it has metal loops that "plug" into the floor) - then remove the lower seat so that you can get to the "nuts" in step #2.

Step #2: loosen the "nuts" on Bolt #1 and Bolt #2 enough so that the seat can be tilted forward when you push down the Metal spring clips in Step #3.

Step #3: Push down Spring clip # 1, by sliding a long flat-head screw driver between the rear upper seat and the trunk wall (it takes some Trial and error), until you feel the metal spring clip go down - then tilt/pull that part of the seat forward - insert something between the trunk wall and the upper rear seat, to keep it from popping back in. Then do the same for Spring Clip #2.

Step #4: Then, once you are sure that the spring clips are dis-enganged, lift the upper rear seat (part) up, out and then tilt down. You can't go to far with it because of the attached seat belt straps.

.... And that is it

BT

Attachments

#13 ·
When you put the seatback back in the car, don't bother with the bolts. That way, if you need to haul something big, just pop the two clips and yank the seatback.

#16 ·
i just removed my rear seats in 10 min and installed the stock r/t in 2 min. sweet!!!!! now to the front seats...........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.