Charger Forums banner

5.7 Mopar CAI fit 6.4?

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Nitemare 
#1 · (Edited)
This may be a stupid question... :biggrinjester:

Just going by looks, the filter, metal adapter, and plastic shroud for the 5.7 and 6.4 Mopar cold air intakes look the exact same. The hole where it attaches to the metal adapter and then onto the tubing looks like they're the same size. The shrouds look the exact same appear to mount in the same spot (same engine frame, right?) Then again I'm only looking at pictures of the 6.4 intake online. Obviously the 5.7 has a tube that comes with it, but are there any differences besides that?

If I can take out my current CAI and fit it onto the 392 I'm about to buy, that'd be fantastic!

These AirRaid filters seem to fit all the engines!
http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153257

Part numbers for 3.6, 5.7, and 6.4 are 351-210 (for example). 2015 doesn't have one listed for the 6.4, but 5.7 and 3.6 are still the same... so 6.4 must be as well?

#2 ·
I'm sure you'll get a definite answer but i can tell you this; on my '06 SRT8, everything was the same except the shape of the hose and elbows. I had to go to hardware store and get different elbow, and maybe cut hose, can't remember that for sure.

#3 ·
I'd bet $100 they're the same... however, it looks like I'll need to modify the piece that attaches the hose from the port where you add oil that goes to the intake. Mine is long with a 90 degree bend. The 6.4 is straight. Hopefully I can figure something out easily.

Attachments

#4 ·
When I first put on the 6.4L intake manifold I modified the K&N CAI I had for the 5.7L. You can do it. The throttle bodies are the same size, the tube that runs from the TB to the Stock air box is shorter on the 6.4L. So you will have to cut that tube to fit. I also went to PepBoys and got a miniature air breather similar to the one that comes with the 6.4L LMI Frank CAI. That way I did not have to bother with the hose that ran to the stock air box.

You may need to splice the wires going to the AIT sensor if you can not unravel the wrapping. I just spliced mine and made it 1 foot longer.

Legmaker (LMI) or one of the vendors may be able to sell you an AIT sensor extension.

#5 · (Edited)
I'm a bit confused there. I'm not throwing a 6.4 manifold on a 5.7, I'm getting a new car. From what I can tell all I need to do is ditch the metal tube for the 5.7 intake, take off the stock 6.4 airbox, mount up the Mopar CAI box and filter, and attach the stock tube. No need to cut anything or remove the AIT sensor, right? I'll have to fiddle with the hose that runs from the oil filler tube (breather hose?) since I don't have a straight hose mending attachment (5.7 is curved at 90 degrees) but that's easily solvable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.