Charger Forums banner

Drove in the snow for the first time. AWD ROCKS! (video)

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mikeb33 
#1 ·
I bought my 2013 R/T AWD in September and it really hasn't snowed until now. When I opened the garage door, there was about 12" on the driveway, and more up against the door and by the street where the plows pile it up. I almost took my Wife's Jeep, but I figured "what did I buy AWD for"?
I backed out fairly quick and stayed on it until the street. This thing is a BEAST!
Made it to the store through some fairly high stuff and got my Super Bowl wings and etc.
When I got back, I wished I had some take a video of me chugging along, and then I remembered I had a Dropcam outside my garage. I made a clip of leaving and returning and uploaded to youtube: http://youtu.be/MkLkatpU0r4

#3 ·
I traded in an '11 R/T RWD for a '13 AWD R/T Max. Aside from the tech toys that came with the Max, the AWD was a great upgrade. I come from the days of rear snow tires and 200 lbs of sand bags. It's get you there if you know how to drive but not as much start off traction. I love the AWD. Love the control and even in the summer, after a good rain, the AWD comes in handy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.