Charger Forums banner

New brake pads rubbing

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  richd 
#1 ·
I have an 06 srt8 which I just put new front brake pads in. I bedded the brakes, but I still have a lot of rubbing sounds. Any idea on a cause/remedy?

#3 ·
i put on new rotors two years ago. Calipers aren't seized. I'm thinking that maybe I have to bleed the brakes a bit due to the fact that the new pads are, of course, thicker, and the calipers are engaging too much due to excess brake fluid. But, I'm not brake expert so I'm not sure

#6 ·
I didnt say replace them,I said have them turned,if they are worn down and cant be cut,then need to replace rotors.All depends on how many miles were on brakes,how long you drove it with worn brakes.I did brakes for over 25 yrs,I think I know what im talking about!

#10 ·
I see no reason to turn or replace rotors that do not cause the car to shake when braking. If they have excessive miles and/or are worn down significantly, then replace them. Otherwise I think this is simply an over-abundance of caution. Even a slight shimmy/shake when braking can usually be "braked" out with some very hard, smooth braking.

#11 ·
If you dont turn rotors Or Replace them,you will lose stopping distance and pads will wear out faster! Those Are the facts! I worked on Police care for 25 yrs,and did many test and the safest way is to turn rotors for best braking performance,what cdog did,I would not consider it a brake job!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.