Charger Forums banner

Bump Steer (Instability) Issues?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ddaddy 
#1 ·
So I've owned my '12 R/T for a little over a month now and a week or so after I owning it, I noticed that the rear has a side-to-side squirrely-jerk-type reaction when hitting most small to medium size bumps in the road along with an occasional thunk noise when hitting them. Unfortunately, there's quite a few of those around here. My immediate thought was bad rear shocks since tire pressure was good and I ordered a pair of Bilstein shocks (haven't gotten around to installing them, yet, however). A friend of mine the other day (a pretty knowledgeable gearhead with a drag car) was driving my car and said that he thinks that he's noticing it more in the front and it might possibly be a bump steer issue. I searched around a little bit and found a couple other topics on this issue which people had talked about bump steer kits. First off, is this generally normal (acceptable) for the Chargers to do this? And are these kits really worth the $200 I've seen them going for?

Edit: I should add that the car is approaching 69,000 miles.

Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.