Charger Forums banner

Throttle Response Kits

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  djalbin 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I don't personally know about that kit, but at that price IMO I would just spend a little more and get a tuner, that way you can modify the throttle response but also have the ability for custom tunes later on if you go down the mod path :beerchug:.

#3 ·
From what I've read, all those inline things do is make your throttle super sensitive, makes it to where you give it 30% throttle, it just tells the TB 60% and maybe dials it down. Plus they don't work too terribly well.

#4 ·
Ok, Thank you for all the replies. I love this forum. First time Mopar guy. I was a Vette guy for a long time. The kit seemed a tad expensive for what it does. Does the tuner interfere with the warranty? I assume no. I just put the Catback SLP Loudmouth 2 and Volant CAI on. I should be close to 400hp!?! I have the 29R package with the upgraded rear end (3.07) and rubber. Plus, the Track software.

Again, thank you all for taking the time to reply.

#5 ·
Does the tuner interfere with the warranty?
The majority of Mopar owners use DiabloSport tuners. The tuner saves a copy of your car's factory tune from the PCM and then installs the performance tune to the PCM. If you're taking your car into the FCA dealership for warranty service, you restore the factory tune to the PCM prior to taking the car to the dealership. After service you reinstall the performance tune. A bit of an inconvenience but it prevents the dealership from possibly saying your performance tune caused the problems with the car. It also prevents any software issues if the dealership installs any PCM software updates.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.