Charger Forums banner

16 srt!

1K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  SSteveTX 
#1 ·
Hi everybody!

Picked up my SRT last week, and I absolutely love this thing! I had just come back from working overseas for the past couple years and needed some wheels, I loved the looks of the Charger and need the extra doors for my family so all that was needed was a test drive.

After calling all over New England I finally found one in Rhode Island. While speaking to the sales manager he informed me that the SRT would not be available for a test drive because of these 2 reasons. 1. it was in the show room and they would have to move alot of stuff around 2. the people buying these cars did not want extra miles on them. The first excuse was lame but I agree with the second one. He did make a Challenger available to me for the test drive. I tell you what if I had not needed the extra doors I would of bought the Challenger, what a nice car just loved that thing. As soon as we got back to the show room I told him to start the paperwork I wanted it!

At first I wasn't in love with the color but now I cannot imagine my car in any thing but the plum crazy! The uconnect system is excellent, a first rate experience, the throttle has taken some time to get used too especially since it has been rainy in the northeast the last few days, and the power!

Well usually this is the part of the introduction where I ask what the best mods are for my car and everyone replys with their fav CAI or exhaust or tuner. I instead want to list a few observations I have had with my car in the one week I have owned it, and if you have had any similar experiences please reply because I dont think I am alone.

1. Children love this car! It might be the crazy purple paint or the life sized matchbox look or maybe the sound of the earth splitting in half when i put it to the floor! I have had at least a dozen experiences of kids walking by with their parents and coming over to look at it, tell me how cool it looks, ask dad why we cant get one, thumbs up, and my personal favorite is pointing and saying "mommy look at THAT CAR!"

2. Alot of people trying to race me...who have no business trying to race me. I am not advocating illegal street racing, not really a big fan of it, but if the roads are clear and conditions warrant it I might put it to the floor and fool around. Second day with the car, taking it easy to break it in, V6 Mustang from 02 sees me, turns around and follows me. Doing the slow down then speed up game being on my ass just acting like a fool, so i give it some juice at 3/4 throttle it looked like he was going in reverse. And theres been a few more but i would say like 90% of the time its a guy in a V6 older mustang or camaro, all beat to shit trying all they can to get me to race them, these guys must have a humiliation fetish. hey to each his own, I guess!

Cool well thanks guys I look forward to being part of the community and will get some pics ASAP!

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you for the story and congratulations on the 16 SRT!!

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#6 ·
Congrats on the new car. And being that it's an srt, you have all kinds of fools trying to race you. Most of them aren't worth wasting the gas for. Haha

Sent from Motorola Droid Turbo

#7 ·
Awesome man! Congrats! And I get comments all the time on mine from 8 years to 80 years old. Both boys and girls, too. I don't know, I think maybe its because these cars (especially in cool colors like PCP or uncommon packages like the Super Bee) look like what you would picture in your head as a kid as to what a muscle car/sedan should look like. Not many brash, in your face muscle running around these days, most are angling more towards sports car than muscle car and look more and more European/modern. The Charger and Challenger are truly the last of the old school America, the rest are now chasing the global market, which I reluctantly understand from a business standpoint but I hate from the "traditional" muscle point of view.

#8 ·
Congrats on the car and welcome.

Not even gonna say a word about the dog sitting in your new car... :silenced:

:eek:

#16 ·
Welcome to the forum, and the Plum Crazy SRT. Just one thing, the Dog??? Lol

Big John From New York City

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.