Charger Forums banner

May 2016 Photo Contest

5K views 37 replies 18 participants last post by  WalterG 
#1 ·
April is over and the winner of the contest was WhiteOpsRT, Congrats!! Great photo.

The theme that has been chosen for May is:

"In Motion"

A photo of either the car in motion, or motion in the background. We will have to work for this one, you or a partner run beside your car (or ride with someone else, or even have someone else take a photo) with you or your trusted companion driving.

Go out a chase down your car!

The rules are as follows:

1. It must be your car.

2. It doesn't need to be a new pic, any picture you have will do, but lets shoot for something new.

3. Photo adjustments are allowed but I think it should be very minimum. Lets not get to wild with the chops. I like to see 'natural' pictures.

4. No complaining about other entries, who makes the final cut for voting, or anything else.

5. Only one pic can be considered for final selection. Post as many as you want, but you must declare the one to be considered for final voting selection.

6. If you win, your theme will be used for the next months photo contest. Please think about a theme you would like if you win and PM me with it when you post your submission. I will run the contest if you don't want to, but you should select the theme at least.

7. Have fun and show off what you've got!

8. If you are the winner of the previous month, you can still enter, but if the maximum number of entries exceeds 12, yours will be the first one cut.

9. I will be holding my vote until the end of the period. I will use my vote as a tie breaker if one exists, and if it creates one, then I will not place a vote so that we can have a winner without having to go to a tie breaker poll.

Finalists for voting will be chosen on the evening of May 24th and the winner will be declared on June 1st.

See less See more
#10 ·
I always post the link to the poll in the contest thread, so you should be able to get to it from there.

The voting on a mobile device can only be done from the web view. Voting can't be done from the app, at least with AutoGuide, not sure about Tapatalk.

Try going back to the April contest thread and see if you can get to the poll thread from there, I am sure there is a link.

#3 · (Edited)
Oooo, this is going to be a tough one. Should make for some really good photos though.

atav, the voting polls are separate threads from each month's submission thread. Walter usually posts a link in the submission thread to the poll thread. If the link doesn't work when using tapatalk, you can search by the month and year (assuming the search feature is available on the app) and you should get the voting and submission threads in your result.

#5 ·
I was hoping everyone would have someone else be the photographer for this theme (or shoot someone else driving their car), or to shoot motion behind their stationary car. Remember folks, for every second you're distracted at a relatively slow speed of 35 mph, you've covered 51 feet. If you're framing a shot, and shooting it, you're probably distracted for much more than 1 second. As Sock Monkey said, be very careful.

#7 ·
I feel like videos would almost do more justice...I've been meaning to go out to the local HS parking lot to do some videos of my CAI exhaust note with my wife...I'll just take a few frames out of the video :)

#8 ·
Yeah This is so far the only pic I have of my Charger on a back road somewhere in Georgia visiting my niece, and believe me I was cursing %$@#$% all the way..:soapbox:

BTW Until I get a better and more Spring like shot, I'll be ok with this one..

Big John

Attachments

#13 ·
Ha ha, is your car the Millennium Falcon? Pretty cool shot. Hard to hold the camera still on those long exposures to not blur the interior. Kudos to your camera man/woman.

Yeah This is so far the only pic I have of my Charger on a back road somewhere in Georgia visiting my niece, and believe me I was cursing %$@#$% all the way..:soapbox:

BTW Until I get a better and more Spring like shot, I'll be ok with this one..

Big John
Dang John, that looks like Ohio weather, not Georgia. I'll bet that dusting shut the town down, since they probably don't have equipment (or very little of it) for snow/ice removal.

#19 ·
Great pictures so far, let's try to get more.

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

#23 ·
Keep them coming

#28 ·
We have about a week to go for getting a submission.

Please remember that the theme is "In Motion", indicating that either the car or background is moving.

Also, if you submit more that one photo, you must declare which photo you want used for the entry. Please review the theme notes and rules for submission.

#33 ·
Just a few more days. We have some great photos here.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.