Charger Forums banner

Acceleration now noticeably slower

6K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  tacamo01 
#1 ·
So a few weeks ago after installing SRT pages and sport mode using the Tazer on my 3.6 SE my 0-60 dropped from 6.7~6.8 to 6.5~6.6 seconds. Now as of the last week its now 7.0~7.2s and this is not acceptable. I don't baby or grandma the throttle and I haven't take any long trips on the highway so my adaptive settings should be the same. So what else could it be? My K&N isn't dirty and only has ~12,000 miles or so on it since I installed it so what else could it be? It hasn't been hot enough to cause any heatsoak so I am at a loss... Should I reset the adaptives?

#3 ·
LOL. I may have crummy joints and such but I can still stomp the throttle well enough. :D As for the other questions...

Temperatures have been within 5~10ºF of each other for each test and the humidity has been fairly constant. I just recently bought brand new tires. I just recently changed my oil.

This is what doesn't make sense, I cannot determine what the issue might be. It doesn't feel as quick as it usually does when I get on it when I'm all alone or when I am passing someone on a 2-lane road.

#8 ·
Most likely due to the change to summer blend fuel.

Reactions: JCE
#11 ·
I see BND Automotive post on a lot of threads on here. I sent an email requesting info about the products he sells and never got any info back. How much is Aces IV and Quantumm Blue and where do I get it from? Does either product really make that much difference? Sorry about hijacking the post here but Im curious.....

#16 ·
E85 will be bad for your car. As Brian said, it has much much less available energy.

What are you seeing in long and short term knock?

Have you reset the adaptives?

#17 ·
E85 will be bad for your car. As Brian said, it has much much less available energy.
That's not surprising. I didn't bother with filling up with it.

What are you seeing in long and short term knock?
Forgive my ignorance, but, can you explain what this means and how to check it?

Have you reset the adaptives?
No, not yet. With a quarter tank of gas, no cargo, and no passengers I'm seeing #'s all over the place this past week. And they range from 6.7s to 7.2s. Perhaps I'll reset the adaptives and see what happens when similar weather conditions exist to my previous tests.

#18 ·
Have you tried putting it back to stock programming to see how it does, then put your hot tune back in? May be something didn't quite load right and it's messing up the adaption. So far as the fuel goes I've never seen fuel variations be that noticeable. The only fuel-related problem I can think of would be if you got a tank full of crap, which can happen if you fill the car within a half hour of the tanker filling the station tanks.

#19 ·
Well now after I know the summer fuel is in full effect I'm still getting just wrong-ass numbers. Now I cannot crack 7 seconds to 60 to save my life and my passing power seems to be a little less. What the hell is going on here? I'm going to reset my adaptives this weekend and give it a go when I see a cool morning (yea right, not in the summer in TX) when its below 70ºF if I can help it.

Any suggestions..? I just hate losing performance on something I am paying $$ for. Again to reiterate; same gas station, same octane, same commute, and same times of day.

Man, I cannot wait to get another V8 so I can leave this lack of low-end grunt far behind. I don't care about top speed, cornering, or drag racing. I just want some low-end grunt and extra passing power. Is that too damn much to ask?! :driving:

Sorry I missed your reply. I don't have a tuner so I didn't change any of the tuning. I just have the Tazer that unlocked sport mode. As for the fuel, after several fill-ups since my original post I'm not really seeing a reason for what I'm experiencing. I've only got 22k miles on my Charger and my intake tube looks clean so it isn't anything from my K&N drop-in. My tires are still like new as well. So if it isn't the adaptives screwing with me I have absolutely ZERO idea what is happening.

#20 ·
Might change the fuel filter, and saw the old one open to see if it's clogged. Your symptoms still sound kinda like a load of crap in the tank which would clog the filter.

#24 ·
A filter is generally good for 1000 gallons. However, one tank of crap will ruin it. Saves the engine though, and that's the important bit. If this is the problem, you may have to change the filter 2-3 times before the tank is clear, or drop the tank and clean it out.

One thing the OEMs have been doing, that I don't like, is putting a "lifetime" fuel filter on the fuel pump. Their reasoning is that if you put the filter on the pump, you change the works all together and save a little maintenance but this means buying a dirty tank means dropping the tank every time and changing the fuel pump as well as the filter. Probably did this thinking about that thousand dollars the dealer charges to change the pump. No idea if the Charger has this or not, but I don't see a part available anywhere, which concerns me.

#25 ·
The fuel filter is definitely in the tank and attached to the fuel pump as stated:

This is what I always discuss with ACES IV-FIC (Fuel Injector Cleaner version) in the fuel. If there is anything in the fuel system that could be plugging the filter we can dissolve it and you will get things straightened out without having to pull the tank and the fuel pump. Effectively and safely.

You have tried other things, ACES IV is a viable option to help you;)

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#32 ·
I can believe it especially with Hemifever doing the tuning and those mods. That is typical RT dyno results!:beerchug:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.