Charger Forums banner

Upgrading From SXT to SRT

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jim910 
#1 ·
After an unfortunate hail storm and my SXT being totaled out.. I have made the first moves on purchasing an 08 SRT in what I believe is Brilliant black.

Pretty excited about the move to go SRT after considering the S Line Audis.

I am thinking the first few mods will be a Tuner, HID upgrade, and Tint

Anyone have any suggestions on air intake? Is an aftermarket intake worth it over stock?

Below is one of the first pictures I have of the car..

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I wouldn't bother with an intake since the gains are marginal unless you're interested in more induction sound. I'd recommend replacing the drop in filter with a green filter or an AEM Dry flow. That's all I use since the factory air boxes are so well engineered.

Hope that helps.

Looks great by the way and congrats!

#3 ·
Black out those corner lights. VHT nightshade is what I used.

#4 ·
Congrats on the SRT8! If you send me a vin, I can get you a full report on the car, where it was delivered, who had it, when it was made etc. Just PM me if you want them.

On the performance, remember that it is the efficient burn of the fuel that will give you the most power and torque. So adding some ACES IV to the fuel will wake it up much more along with the www.greenfilterusa.com replacement.

Our 06 with ACES IV, the HP Gold Coolant and a QB 12.5w40 HP Competition Formula Engine oil + QB High Flow Filter picked up 19 hp and 31 ft lbs of torque at Akron Horsepower in 2007.

Once we did the NAG1 5 speed and the 215RII differential with our QB materials we got 25 hp and 38 ft lbs of torque. This translated to 3 tenths of a second on the track, 2.5 more mph and 2.5 more miles per gallon.

Just thought I would share that since we do all generations of Chargers but ours is a Gen 1 like yours. :beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

#7 ·
I really like your wheels. Are those OEM 20" wheels? I need to get winter tires and wheels for my new SRT and those look great.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
They are not OEM's but are based off of the SRT Challenger Alcoa Forged wheels that I think were avilable in 08 and 09.

These specific ones are on Factory Reproductions site

Reactions: Jim910
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.