2017 Charger R/T now gets Super Track Pak option with SRT appearance - Page 3 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

post #21 of 28 Old 03-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Jarhead1812

When they say performance brakes, do they mean Brembo like on the SRTs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old Yesterday, 05:28 AM
sector 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead1812 View Post
No...just better pads......Semper Fi

2013 Charger R/T
Gone and missed...2007 RT
"We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."--George Orwell
post #23 of 28 Old Yesterday, 05:44 AM
sector 2

Actually, I was just happy they brought back the STP for the RT's . It saved me some cash as far as modding. Plus you get the performance pages ect. I also thought the Daytona was the Road and Track / STP replacement. I would have been happy w/ the regular RT body style.....but for an additional 1k, it is quite a deal. Plus it is for my employment and since they ultimately shot down the Daytona (which makes no sense) I jumped on this. I do understand some of the 6.2 & 6.4 owners bewilderment, though.

Last edited by sector 2; Yesterday at 05:52 AM.
post #24 of 28 Old Yesterday, 07:09 AM
Playhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead1812 View Post
I don't believe so. It would state brembo 4 or 6 piston since brembo is a brand. Performance brakes just means slightly better calipers and maybe thicker rotors.
post #25 of 28 Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM
sal jc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred650 View Post
Maybe no one you know calls the Charger Scat Pack a "Charger R/T Scat Pack" but Dodge/FCA does, hence the name. This is why I also believe that the R/T Scat Pack Chargers should've had it's own unique appearance & not share the exact same exterior body panels as the SRT Hellcat or SRT392 models.

This is inaccurate! While the Charger R/T Scat Pack variant takes of the place of the previous 2012-2014 SRT Superbee in the current Charger lineup, the Scat Pack & prior Superbee are two totally separate entities altogether. The 2012-2014 Superbee's were basically stripped, bare bones SRT Charger versions with limited colors, standard equipment, features & options unlike newer the Charger Scat Pack models.
That's very accurate, by 2014 you could get the Superbee with almost every option, including leather seats. The SP was a direct replacement for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to sal jc For This Useful Post:
Johnnyma45 (Yesterday)
post #26 of 28 Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM
FST4DR

I think the Road and Track option is great for those that want the 5.7L Hemi and do not want to pay for the 6.4L. You get the looks of the scat and a strong motor. The 5.7 is more friendly to boost than the 6.4. If someone decides to go FI in the future they would have a very nice fast car. 8 lbs is common with the 5.7

2013 Charger SRT8 (Diablotoona tune and CAI)
The Following User Says Thank You to FST4DR For This Useful Post:
sector 2 (Today)
post #27 of 28 Old Yesterday, 01:05 PM
Slidd

Standard 5.7L R/T and Daytona brakes is code BR5. The performance BR6 brakes are the same calipers but different pad material. The rotors are the same size front and rear but the front rotors are slightly thicker.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

2016 Challenger SRT 392 - A8, Technology Group
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slidd For This Useful Post:
Johnnyma45 (Yesterday), Playhard (Yesterday)
post #28 of 28 Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM
chief455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidd View Post
Standard 5.7L R/T and Daytona brakes is code BR5. The performance BR6 brakes are the same calipers but different pad material. The rotors are the same size front and rear but the front rotors are slightly thicker.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
too bad - in 2013 BR6 meant pursuit brakes, had the same calipers, but better pads and a 1" bigger diameter rear rotor. That is what I upgraded my R/T with original BR5 brakes to.

2013 Daytona R/T STP
Crate 6.4 swap, JBA longtubes, AJ TCM, FTI 3200 stall, 3.06 Getrag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List