My 2017 TorRed Scat Pack - Page 5 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

post #41 of 47 Old 03-16-2017, 07:59 AM
Playhard

OMG. The guy in the video is so boring I was ready to punch myself. LOL. Plus, he didn't provide any relevant information on the mopar cia or his drop in other then surface area. Also he didn't provide any real world performance measurements.

Your car will only pull so much air needed to perform. There has been so much discussion on this topic as to the benefit of a cia. From most of the stuff I've read and listen to over the years it's mostly an aesthetic thing. Meaning it really does not provide a noticeable increase in performance on an otherwise stock car.

I did run a K&N drop in on my RT. The one thing it did was make the car a bit louder which I liked. Other then that not much.

Just my take on things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Charger RT SP 392 loaded. Granite Crystal Metallica, 45% Tint. "Constantine"

2011 Charger RT Max, K&N Drop In, Aces IV, 45% Tint, Tungsten Metallic. Traded. Will be missed. "Lucy"

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White. Sold "White Lighting"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 Old 03-16-2017, 09:07 AM
Johnnyma45

I thought the differences between the Hellcat vs SP stock filters were interesting. Yea, the consensus has always been that unless you get a true CAI, most other bolt ons won't improve performance (and would only be for appearance.) Then I was reading yesterday that the Hellcat direct-air setup (stock fender mount hose to airbox) wouldn't really help 6.4L engines, per what you were saying as not needing extra air like the supercharger would. So, I think as a whole, gains are minimal if any.

Still cool to have in the bay though!

2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
2011 Dodge// Charger R/T - traded
post #43 of 47 Old 03-16-2017, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
RAINMANyeh

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 View Post
Got the instructions - really appreciate the effort and sending them!

How do you like yours so far? You mentioned that it was within a few degrees of ambient during your drive? My stock SP filter seems to run around 10-15 deg above ambient.
No problem and you really don't need the instructions to install it.

So far, I've liked the Mopar CAI and it's still staying 3-5 degrees above ambient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playhard View Post
OMG. The guy in the video is so boring I was ready to punch myself. LOL. Plus, he didn't provide any relevant information on the mopar caior his drop in other then surface area. Also he didn't provide any real world performance measurements.

The one thing it did was make the car a bit louder which I liked.
You are so right about that guy. Boring and no real info, just his opinion.... and we all know about those and their correlation to a certain lower sphincter.

Like the other CAI I've had, it does seem to make the I take a little louder.

I believe I did see where you could add that intake "leg" to run from the hole in the front of the CAI to the front grill of the Charger, but like was said previously, I don't think if it would make a huge difference.

I had already planned to put one on my SP and had it sitting on my workbench, waiting for her to be built.

Did you order a license plate frame?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2017 TorRed Scat Pack - The Hive is Alive
1969 Plymouth Road Runner

- You call it "Road Rage". I call it "Aggressively maneuvering around idiots who don't know how to drive".
- You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a HEMI and that's kind of the same thing.
post #44 of 47 Old 03-26-2017, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
RAINMANyeh

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I heard that availability of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 was somewhat of an issue, so I got to looking online and it's not even showing up as bring stocked at my local auto parts store. Next time I'm in there, I'm going to ask them about it. Anyone else run into this?
post #45 of 47 Old 03-26-2017, 01:33 PM
Playhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMANyeh View Post
I heard that availability of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 was somewhat of an issue, so I got to looking online and it's not even showing up as bring stocked at my local auto parts store. Next time I'm in there, I'm going to ask them about it. Anyone else run into this?
Walmart has the quart bottles of 0w40 for $7.98. I know you can order it online and pick up at the store for that price. You can get it at the dealer for just a bit more. Like $8.50 or something like that.

Edit: Just FYI, Walmart also has 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic Euro 0w40 for $26. It does not carry the recommended requirement FCA MS#12633 however for the srt.

Last edited by Playhard; 03-26-2017 at 01:45 PM.
post #46 of 47 Old 03-26-2017, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
RAINMANyeh

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playhard View Post
Walmart has the quart bottles of 0w40 for $7.98. I know you can order it online and pick up at the store for that price. You can get it at the dealer for just a bit more. Like $8.50 or something like that.

Edit: Just FYI, Walmart also has 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 advanced full synthetic Euro 0w40 for $26. It does not carry the recommended requirement FCA MS#12633 however for the srt.
Thanks, I checked and Walmart currently only has 6 available. Don't need them yet, just figured I'd start looking as I've heard it's not always readily available. Pep Boys stocks it, bug there are none local. I may drive to my local Walmart to see what they have.

I also found a dealer that us selling online, 7 quarts with a Mopar filter, and free shipping for $75.
post #47 of 47 Old 03-27-2017, 03:56 PM Thread Starter
RAINMANyeh

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I went ahead and ordered the 6 qts of Pennzoil that Walmart had in stock. I just have to get 1 more betweeen now and time to change my oil.

Also, it looks like Pennzoil may be changing the packaging and going from the grey/silver bottles to yellow and just using a new label, hence the discounted price. They'll save money, for themselves not us consumers, by using the same yellow bottles for all oil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List