Exhaust opinions - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

post #1 of 10 Old 03-10-2017, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Adriellovesart

(Thread Starter)
Exhaust opinions

Hi, I'm new, and I currently have a '15 Charger R/T. I love my car to death, apart from one thing; the stock exhaust is too quiet. I've heard Borlas but I am looking for a deeper, bass-like rumble. I want something that is good quality too. Any thoughts on where to start searching what I'm looking for? I've also looked into Corsa's, but haven't personally heard how they sound in person. I almost want the surrounding ground to vibrate, if that makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 03-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Hazmat11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriellovesart View Post
Hi, I'm new, and I currently have a '15 Charger R/T. I love my car to death, apart from one thing; the stock exhaust is too quiet. I've heard Borlas but I am looking for a deeper, bass-like rumble. I want something that is good quality too. Any thoughts on where to start searching what I'm looking for? I've also looked into Corsa's, but haven't personally heard how they sound in person. I almost want the surrounding ground to vibrate, if that makes sense.
Exhaust sound is highly subjective. I'd recommend searching your model year and listening to as many youtube clips as possible before making a decision.

What you consider a deep bass-like rumble is different from what others perceive.

That's a good place to start and will help you narrow your search. Also look into mid muffler delete options and see if you like those before putting coin down on a complete system.

Good luck!

2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
2014 Charger R/T Blacktop
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I can teach it to you but I can't understand it for you.
post #3 of 10 Old 03-17-2017, 03:50 AM
CARiD
Supporting Vendor

Adriellovesart, I agree on what Hazmat11 said. Make sure to listen how exhaust system sounds before getting it. As for the Borla, ATAK exhaust system is one of the most popular, you can listen how it sounds on our website: https://www.carid.com/2015-dodge-cha...-58887597.html If any questions appear - feel free to contact me directly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dodge Charger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
|

post #4 of 10 Old 03-17-2017, 05:51 AM
2015RTGoliath

Garage
I'm a big fan of spin tech mufflers but here is a video of my exhaust progression so far

https://youtu.be/sZS_EeUc3QI

2015 Jazz Blue Dodge Charger RT "Goliath"

Mods:
MOPAR Lowering Springs, custom powder coated and painted factory wheels, CMW wind splitter, CMW NASCAR style spoiler, MOPAR Strut Tower Brace, Airaid CAI, BBK 85MM Throttle Body, Spintech ProStreet 6000 mufflers, Police Valence with 4" tips,Window tint, debadged trunk and taillights, no front plate
post #5 of 10 Old 03-17-2017, 06:43 AM
Mangoman

Just remove the mid mufflers and enjoy. No need to spend hundreds if not $1000+ on exhaust when pulling the mid mufflers does a fantastic job.
post #6 of 10 Old 03-17-2017, 07:41 AM
Playhard

^This ^ It's an inexpensive first step. If your not satisfied then look for other alternatives. Lots and Lots of sound clips on Youtube.

2015 Charger RT SP 392 loaded. Granite Crystal Metallica, 45% Tint. "Constantine"

2011 Charger RT Max, K&N Drop In, Aces IV, 45% Tint, Tungsten Metallic. Traded. Will be missed. "Lucy"

2009 Pontiac G8 GT, White. Sold "White Lighting"
post #7 of 10 Old 03-17-2017, 09:52 PM
Telco

If you don't like the delete, go find some Classic Chambered mufflers on youtube. Best muffler in the world, in my opinion.

2016 Charger RT Road & Track
5.7L 8 speed auto B5 blue/black
Super Track Pak, HD Brakes
post #8 of 10 Old 03-18-2017, 08:43 PM
JCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telco View Post
If you don't like the delete, go find some Classic Chambered mufflers on youtube. Best muffler in the world, in my opinion.
What do they sound like WITH the resonators? Cannot find any videos where they left them on.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-18-2017, 09:48 PM
Telco

That I do not know. I've had them on a Silverado, and an 86 Chevy truck. I can tell you the bigger the diameter the louder it is, because I had dual 2.25s on the Silverado and it sounded great but a single 3 inch on the 86 was probably the loudest exhaust I've ever heard on a street car. I had to pull it right back off. On the Silverado the wife thought it was too loud so I added 12 inch glasspacks after the axle, which cut the volume and resonance out of it.
post #10 of 10 Old 03-27-2017, 08:37 AM
2010PP

If you have the money, Corsa exhausts always sounds amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List