14 charger rt advice - Dodge Charger Forums
Performance Discussion/Modifications Discuss any performance modification in this section.

post #1 of 7 Old 03-19-2017, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Gonzalo17

(Thread Starter)
14 charger rt advice

I've had a 14 dodge charger black top edition for a while runs great but I want to make it sound deeper and add some HP as well any recommendations on which CAI would work best? Also I have been reading about a hellcat air box wondering if that would even fit my 14 charger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Hazmat11

Hi and welcome to the forums.

We have a ton of threads on this stuff. If you have an opportunity, give our search feature a try.

As far as your specific questions, adding a CAI doesn't do much other than create sound. These add minimal horsepower and mostly at the top of the rev range. You'd be better off replacing the OEM filter with something like a denim Greenfilter or an AEM Dryflow. The Hellcat airbox, to my knowledge, only works for 2015 and up.

For exhaust there are tons of youtube clips. Search "mid muffler delete" and see if that's more of the sound you're looking for. It's very inexpensive and can be done by a local muffler shop in less than an hour.

2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
2014 Charger R/T Blacktop
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I can teach it to you but I can't understand it for you.
post #3 of 7 Old 03-19-2017, 09:39 PM
djalbin

CAI and exhaust modifications will get you the deeper sound. You will get an increase in HP/torque if you install headers. Increase in HP/torque will mostly come from a tune (e.g. DiabloSport); especially if you get a custom tune (e.g. HemiFever)

http://www.diablosport.com/

http://www.hemifevertuning.com/

2012 R/T with Road&Track and Super Track Pak
22"x9.5" Versante Wheels (VE226A), 265/35ZR22 Goodyear Eagle GT tires
Airaid CAI, HHP Billet Tech catch can
Flowmaster 40-series mufflers, Magnaflow resonators (12" glasspacks)
DiabloSport i2 inTune with HemiFever custom tune

post #4 of 7 Old 03-20-2017, 12:16 AM Thread Starter
Gonzalo17

(Thread Starter)
Thank you hazmat!
Do you know the link where I can look for that?
post #5 of 7 Old 03-20-2017, 12:22 AM Thread Starter
Gonzalo17

(Thread Starter)
djalbin thank you for those links! Do you have any recommendations for the diablosport and hemifever? Also do you have any recommendations for a CAI that will make my charger sound alive?
post #6 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 12:47 AM
djalbin

The CAI by itself will not make a big difference in sound, It's usually the combination of CAI and exhaust modifications together that provides the muscle car sound; with the exhaust modififcations making the biggest difference. Everyone is going to have their own personal opinion on recommending a CAI. There's cost, appearance, etc ... The key features to look for are:
- shielding from engine compartment heat
- ability to draw-in unrestricted outside air (which is cooler than engine compartment heat)

Some owners just install a high-flow air filter in the stock air intake box.

The only DiabloSport programmers being offered now for the Dodge Charger are the i2 inTune and the Trinity. Both have the same tuning features but the Trinity has more data logging and display features. You can compare the two on the DiabloSport website.

A custom email tune is purchased separately or as part of a bundled package. HemiFever is one option for custom tuning. They offer custom tunes for the DiabloSport programmer as either separate purchase or included with the programmer if you purchase it from them.

Another custom tuning company is Diablotoona. They can also provide custom email tunes. I believe they only offer tunes sold separately.

http://www.diablotoona.com/index.html
The Following User Says Thank You to djalbin For This Useful Post:
Gonzalo17 (03-21-2017)
post #7 of 7 Old 03-21-2017, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Gonzalo17

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the advice I will be making my selection this week and placing my order!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Performance Discussion/Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List