Engine Battery Terminals - Dodge Charger Forums
Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here

post #1 of 3 Old 03-18-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
DougieFresh

(Thread Starter)
Engine Battery Terminals

Has anyone replaced the battery leads in the engine bay? My battery recently died and I hooked the jumper cables to the studs under my hood and after way too long, we decided to try connecting the batteries together directly, and my car immediately started. The tiny little terminals under the hood just don't seem a heavy enough gauge to properly deliver power to/from the battery in an emergency situation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-19-2017, 08:51 AM
6H248090

Never had any issues with the + terminal in any of my LX's and I ground to the block. Maybe your connection wasnt a clean one?
post #3 of 3 Old 03-19-2017, 11:09 AM
N8ECH

Dougie:

As 6H said, you likely had a less then proper connection. Another good thing to do when performing a jump, is to let the jump vehicle run while attached to the dead battery vehicle for a good 5 minutes to allow the dead battery to charge up a bit before attempting a start.
That way, you will have both batteries working for you (assuming the dead battery is not totally gone). This is especially helpful when using the portable jump packs.

A decent set of jumper cables will use #8 or larger wire. The real cheapies use #12 or #10 which is quite undersized for the job at hand.

Don

2004 Flame Red Dodge Durango SLT Hemi AWD 3/26/10
2014 Billet Silver Dodge Charger R/T Hemi AWD 10/27/16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List