Stereo questions - Dodge Charger Forums
Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics (2011 +) Member discussions about Charger audio, alarm and navigation systems and other electronics take place here.

post #1 of 9 Old 03-08-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Telco

(Thread Starter)
Stereo questions

I have two questions on the stereo on a 2016 R/T.

1. When there is a severe weather event in the area, or a fire hazard, the stereo screen goes full screen with the warning. Is there a way to turn this off? I don't need the stereo to tell me what's on the other side of the windshield. If it just flashed for a few seconds I wouldn't mind so much but it stays until I push a button.

2. I don't have the Beats system, and I don't know if I have the Harmon Cardon system. The system sounds like crap though. When I try to adjust it, there's only three bars on the equalizer. Base, midrange and treble. Is there any way to improve this without adding some expensive aftermarket unit on? I may do this in the future but I'm not entirely committed to this car right now.

2016 Charger RT Road & Track
5.7L 8 speed auto B5 blue/black
Super Track Pak, HD Brakes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Ddaddy
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telco View Post
I have two questions on the stereo on a 2016 R/T.

1. When there is a severe weather event in the area, or a fire hazard, the stereo screen goes full screen with the warning. Is there a way to turn this off? I don't need the stereo to tell me what's on the other side of the windshield. If it just flashed for a few seconds I wouldn't mind so much but it stays until I push a button.

2. I don't have the Beats system, and I don't know if I have the Harmon Cardon system. The system sounds like crap though. When I try to adjust it, there's only three bars on the equalizer. Base, midrange and treble. Is there any way to improve this without adding some expensive aftermarket unit on? I may do this in the future but I'm not entirely committed to this car right now.
1. The alerts are coming from the Sirius XM travel link. Go to those screens to disable it.

2. On my 2012 300C with the Pioneer system, I really hated the sound ...but after adjusting the same 3 levels a few times I was able to get it to a point where it was decent. I had to take the bass and mid-range to extreme levels of balance (bass up and mid-range down) and almost totally kill the treble. But the real key to getting improved sound was by adjusting the balance to around 60% rear to take advantage of the rear speakers that sound far better than the dash speakers (which sound like tin-foil 60s AM crap to me).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Charger SRT-8
1969 Dart GTS 340
2012 Chrysler 300C Hemi
All V8 Mopars!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 03-09-2017, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Telco

(Thread Starter)
I'll give that a shot and will report back one way or the other.

On the stereo I'm not big on base, I prefer the midrange being higher so I can hear the lyrics. Guess I'll have to play with it a lot.

post #4 of 9 Old 03-10-2017, 06:30 AM
RScottyL
Supporting Member (Lifetime)

Garage
Quote:
and I don't know if I have the Harman Kardon system.
You definitely DO NOT have the Harman Kardon, as only the SRT gets that!

You will either have the Beats system, or the Alpine(?) system. Since you have eliminated the Beats system, then you have the basic system!

2014 Dodge Charger R/T (07/01/2014) Pitch Black EXT/Black INT +Wheels and Tunes Group +Navigation/Rear Back-Up Camera Group
(07/22/2014) 20% / 20% window tint
(09/18/2014) LED Puddle Lights
(09/25/2014) Started using ACES IV Gasoline Formula
(10/01/2014) LED Vanity Mirror Lights and LED License Plate Light
(03/13/2015) QuantumBlue 7w-23 Motor Oil @ 5,441 miles
(03/16/2015) GreenFilter Air Filter
post #5 of 9 Old 03-10-2017, 06:43 AM
Hazmat11

Quote:
I'll give that a shot and will report back one way or the other.

On the stereo I'm not big on base, I prefer the midrange being higher so I can hear the lyrics. Guess I'll have to play with it a lot.
Understood and I guess it depends on what you like to listen to.

I generally set up with Bass at +4/5, Midrange at -4/5 and Treble flat as a starting point and tweak from there.

Pushing the midrange up makes it sounds like a mid-90s Corolla with blown speakers (see what I did there?)

2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
2014 Charger R/T Blacktop
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I can teach it to you but I can't understand it for you.
post #6 of 9 Old 03-11-2017, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Telco

(Thread Starter)
Heh heh... I'll have to sit and play with it and I'll try your settings. As to what I listen to, pretty much anything that isn't rap, current pop or talk radio. 70s, 80s, country, light jazz, classical, instrumentals, even world music occasionally. It really does sound bad for a new car's system.

On the map, I wasn't able to find any options to allow me to shut off the warnings. Anyone have a road map I can use to get to the correct place?
post #7 of 9 Old 03-17-2017, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Telco

(Thread Starter)
Gave those settings a try, made it worse.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-18-2017, 07:01 AM
tshelby1973

I would also check for updates. I have a 2014 beats and always thought the bass was weak for a beats system. I've done all the updates but for some reason the last update really increased the bass response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 9 Old 03-18-2017, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Telco

(Thread Starter)
I can check. I have to go back to the dealer to complain about the last set of updates they did. Something isn't playing well with the drivetrain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Models (2011 - Up) > Audio - Alarms - Navigation - Electronics (2011 +)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List