Scat Pack Vs R/T and Insurance Q's - Page 2 - Dodge Charger Forums
General Charger Discussion General Discussion about the Dodge Charger.

post #11 of 13 Old 03-18-2017, 05:56 PM
Johnnyma45

Insurance rates vary too much to draw any conclusions from what we all pay. FWIW, I pay $850 every 6 mo for a '14 Jeep GC and '16 SP.

As for R/T over SP? I traded my R/T in for the SP, and never looked back. It's not even a comparison. Get the SP and don't think twice.

2016 Dodge// Charger R/T Scat Pack
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
2011 Dodge// Charger R/T - traded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 03-18-2017, 06:14 PM
DROCK2K1

Interestingly enough, getting my new Daytona caused me to do some insurance shopping. I've been with Progressive for about 10 years but found that Geico was significantly cheaper. I plan on switching before the month is up. All that to say, insurance prices vary as do companies, shop around.

I bought the RT Daytona 5.7 and love it. I am perfectly fine with the 5.7 and love the extra stuff you get with a Daytona. You have to decide though.
post #13 of 13 Old 03-18-2017, 09:34 PM
Telco

Mine with USAA runs 569 every 6 months, maxed out full coverage, for my Charger listed below. I'm getting into Geezerland though, and have three cars with maxed out full coverage so that helps keep the price down. This is with all the coverage levels maxed to the gills though, not the state minimums. Having been involved in a few accidents, particularly with heavily underinsured motorists on the other side, I find that carrying maximums is well worth it particularly if you're sued. When you have the minimum they just write a check and if you get sued for any balance you're on your own but if they're on the hook for the max they'll send a pretty good lawyer team in to defend you. It's a huge waste of money right up until you need it, then it's the best thing ever.

2016 Charger RT Road & Track
5.7L 8 speed auto B5 blue/black
Super Track Pak, HD Brakes

Last edited by Telco; 03-18-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Charger Forums > Dodge Charger Discussion > General Charger Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Charger Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List