Charger Forums banner

Custom hoods for Chargers: Type-T/A and Type-SRT

18K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  20Mopar11 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, we've just got a few cool custom hoods for 2011-2014 Dodge Charger. They are made by a company called Amerihood. These guys are specialized on performance ram air hoods for modern sport and muscle cars.
Their hoods are much more durable in compare to other aftermarket products. They do not bent or twist, but hold the the shape without any movements instead. You can read more about Amerihood at CARiD.

Check out how it compares to other fiberglass hoods on our YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-ocJRtwcBY&feature=youtu.be

- Hand Laid High Quality Fiberglass and Resin
- Functional Ram Air Tunnel Build In.
- Gel Coat Finished On Both Top And Under Side For Easy Prep prior Painting
- Aluminum Wire Mesh Grill Inserts Included Whereas Applicable

there are 2 types of Dodge Charger hoods:

# 1 Amerihood® - Type-TA Style Functional Ram Air Hood

# 2 Amerihood® - Type-SRT Style Functional Heat Extractor Cooling Hood

Both of these hoods definitely match with the original muscle car spirit of a Charger.

Which one do you like more?

# 1 Type T/A
or
# 2 Type SRT

Inquire for price quotes in the comments below or in PM and don't forget to include your shipping zip code!

See less See more
#5 ·
I know this post in specific is for the 2011+ guys, but I was looking at a hood from this company (From CarID) for my 2008 in the SRT8 style. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on it in the coming days!

#10 ·
Thanks for sharing pictures and the link to the build thread! The end result is really impressive!

We do have a good selection hood for 2008 models! Check it out here. And I definitely recommend to choose the Amerihood over the other brands that we sell.

I wasn't too sure about the T/A hood until Ddaddy posted that picture. That thing looks BEAST. I'd consider it... Considering the price, of course. :)
As you guys know we are always glad to support the forum members with discounts! If you are interested just let me know what hood do you like, include your email and zip, and I'll have our sales guys emailing you back with discounted quotes! Leave your inquiries in the comments or in PM, whichever is more convenient for you.

#11 ·
Thanks for sharing pictures and the link to the build thread! The end result is really impressive!

We do have a good selection hood for 2008 models! Check it out here. And I definitely recommend to choose the Amerihood over the other brands that we sell.

As you guys know we are always glad to support the forum members with discounts! If you are interested just let me know what hood do you like, include your email and zip, and I'll have our sales guys emailing you back with discounted quotes! Leave your inquiries in the comments or in PM, whichever is more convenient for you.
Do these forum discounts count for us older model guys, too?! :crying:

#15 ·
Gents,
I may be speaking out of turn here but it's not typically okay to thread jack from a supporting vendor posting about the better deal you got somewhere else. Sorry if I am out of line...

#16 ·
I agree and those posts have been removed along with the quote. It would have been better if the vendor posted this in his vendor forum however so he would have moderation ability.

Bernie

Sent from a phoney device AutoGuide.com App

#17 ·
Ok. Well i guess i wont be sharring the painted pics or anything else for that matter here. I am not a in anyway associated with amerihood and all i was saying is what a great deal i got on the hood and sharing my savings on to fellow members. Thats the problem with these forums. Everthing that gets posted offends somebody in someway. I wont waste my time here anymore. Or offend anyone else.

#18 ·
Start your own thread!

Bernie

#21 ·
Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I think if you were the vendor, you would have appreciated it as well. You didn't offend anyone. It's just about respecting someone else's post.

Reactions: POWERMAN
#23 ·
Easy day brother. Hopefully you will stay around! The amount of knowledge on here is ridiculous to say the least. Anything you add just helps the next junior guy that joins. Hope the hood turns out killer for you! And yes, of course we want to see the pictures!

Reactions: POWERMAN
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.