Charger Forums banner

Paint shop errs in your favor, collect $380. Also, accent color help!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  jpavleck 
#1 ·
So I finally took her in to get tint today. Originally I was going to get 3M Crystalline on the windshield, and a slightly lower grade all around the rest. For whatever reason he did it all Crystalline, then just ate the cost.

So, I was also supposed to have some vinyl put on - rally stripe and aggressive C accent. I was going to do satin black on the Maximum Steel paint, but I was wondering what people think of this color - vinyl is Arlon #430 - Matte Midnight Blue Metallic.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice on the tint. I wish I could fall into deals like that. It's very hard to see how that Midnight Blue will look with that sample. The lighting and glare are just too overwhelming. It looks like it would be a nice combo though. But it is so hard to judge based on that pic.

#3 ·
How come I never get lucky like that?

Tints looks great. Not so sure on the vinyl color. I think something with more contrast would be a better match but it's all personal opinion. If you like it, that's all that matters.

#4 ·
Looks good but even with the discount that's a pricey tint job.

Good luck with the vinyl. You may want to consider the carbon fiber look for your stripe. I love mine, and they did have other colors besides black.

#6 ·
Seconded, good deal that they did it all in the higher grade tint but that is pretty pricey. I did mine in carbon for $240, and that was already kind of expensive.

I didn't know that here in Texas, the front windshield could be tinted at all. How does your inspection sticker removal affect the tint?

#7 ·
The 3m Crystalline is good stuff, very clear but pricey. Did mine for $200 on the sides and back with Suntek carbon.

Not sure on the vinyl it's so subjective and everyone's taste is different. I have granite paint with black mat vinyl.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.