Charger Forums banner

Interior exhaust noise with JBA

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  AppelDodgeRacing 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I tried searching but I don't think the search function likes the three letter 'JBA' as search criteria so I am forced to post this.

I am trying to find out what sort of interior sound noise there is with the JBA exhaust system. I just listened to a sound clip of it at their site and :eek: :eek: :eek: OMFG it sounds sooooo good.

Problem is that this car is a family car 50% of the time with two very young children (who sleep a lot) and a wife who is quite prone to migraine headaches, so I can't get an exhaust system with very much interior noise, thus the reasoning behind me deciding on corsa thus far (negligible levels of interior noise and a nice smooth exterior tone).

If anybody has some interior sound clips with this exhaust and preferably headers as well, would you mind posting them or e-mailing them to me?

#2 ·
How about either getting ZOOMERS. I heard those are great. Not too sure about JBA ... I heard the drone was bad on those. Good luck.

#3 ·
ChargerMadness84 said:
How about either getting ZOOMERS. I heard those are great. Not too sure about JBA ... I heard the drone was bad on those. Good luck.
That system sounds pretty good, but it's only 2.25" and to me the tips look horible (I like the corsa tips a lot, but I know some others don't)

#4 ·
If you are going to have sleeping kids and a wife that get's headache's easy. I would say do not get the JBA's. I have them and I love them but I have no wife or kids.

You will have a drone at 2100 to 2300RPM. Some people can handle it but some can't.

I will just say this. JBA is an PERFORMANCE system. I have the numbers to back it up. :)

#5 ·
I have the JBA exhaust and yes there is a drone at 2200 RPM,but it is not that bad. This system is the most aggressive I have heard.
2200rpm will be right at 70 mile per hour mark
it is a bit annoying though, I still may look at putting some glass packs on

#6 ·
06RTHEMI said:
I have the JBA exhaust and yes there is a drone at 2200 RPM,but it is not that bad. This system is the most aggressive I have heard.
2200rpm will be right at 70 mile per hour mark
it is a bit annoying though, I still may look at putting some glass packs on
That's what I was hoping not to hear. You are right the JBA is the most aggressive exhaust I have heard too. I know all about interior drone and I know my wife is not up to it anymore, since she put up with it in my last 4 cars.

#7 ·
Just driving around in the city it is fine, but on the highway it is a bit annoying. I try staying at 65 mph most of the time

#8 ·
Funny, The freeway is where I really dont hear the exhaust much. At 70 MPH, my JBA system is barely noticable..It took me over a month to actually hear the MDS kick in, I really gotta try

The JBA system is actually 2.5 I believe!

#11 ·
R/T Stunna said:
if you have the 5.7L they are all going to be 2.5
That would make sense, but zoomers has this listed on their site:

VEHICLE APPLICATION:

* Dodge Charger RT/5.7 HEMI
* All Models 06

CAT-BACK INCLUDES:

* Short Barrel Exhaust
* Dual Cannon Tips
* 2.25” aluminized pipe

Maybe a typo???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.