Charger Forums banner

Strange Interior Noise

736 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Weeth 
#1 ·
Hi folks!

I finally joined after looking around for a while because a strange problem arose this afternoon.

I took my car (2010 Charger SXT) into an aftermarket shop today to have my laser jammer installed (laser interceptor). I pick it up late in the afternoon and I notice a sound I've never heard before while accelerating.

I'll do my best to describe it. It comes from either in or underneath the dash.

It sounds like an old computer's fan or a diesel engine spooling (but not as loud). Almost like wind noise, but it's not. Only there when I accelerate.

Never heard this before today.

I'm thinking something wasn't sealed right for me to hear this extra noise. The wires for the jammer had to be run through the firewall and the dash was opened up near the radio to access an accessory power source.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Yesterday, I took it back to the installer, he test drove the car, and fixed it in a minute.

A boot (that's what he called it) had come out during the install. He popped it back in place and got rid of the sound, so no big deal.

Just happy it's fixed. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.