Charger Forums banner

Interior Noise

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  blazntn 
#1 ·
Ok guys, the wifes new Charger has the resonators removed. It sounds GREAT!! However it does create some unwanted roaring into the car. Is there a way to quite it down. Fixing to have a new baby and dont want her screaming all the time!!!

#2 ·
ya , you could put the resonators back on. thats what they are designed for.

#3 ·
^^^^ What the turtle said!

Baby will be used to it anyway, don't worry about it. Gotta get in the habit of making lotsa noise when they sleep, or they never learn to sleep through stuff. :)

#7 ·
If you reverse the process and pick up some used resonators, and have the suitcase cut out and replaced with straight pipe. You get a fairly decent sound without the cabin noise.

Also prolly more expensive and time consuming would be adding a bunch of that sound deadening material to the floor pans and trunk. Thats alot of work. I also think the effectiveness of that would be limited.

#9 ·
If you reverse the process and pick up some used resonators, and have the suitcase cut out and replaced with straight pipe. You get a fairly decent sound without the cabin noise.
Yep! That should fix it, I got some reso's I'd sell ya! ;) But seriously, drone is an inevitable thing if you wanna hear your exhaust, imo!

#8 ·
Hi Dan! :wave: :wave: :wave:

I've been busy shopping for a Jeep that I can't afford....... :( I need a 4x4 ragtop in a bad way!

Thanks for missing me! :kiss:

#11 ·
Lemme know if you want my reso's... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.