Charger Forums banner

Oil Light on/off/2007 Charger RT/83000 miles

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  370 HEMI 
#1 ·
Drove my car home from work approximately 25 miles and parked it, no problem. Went back out 30 minutes later to run errands and the oil light came on twice when I stopped at red lights. It then went off when I slowly accelerated on the green.

I checked the oil level when I got home and it was fine. The care is due for an oil change but is only a few hundred miles over. I have owned the since Feb 2014 when I bought it with 66000 miles on it. I immediately switched it to Mobil 1 and have been using the Bosch Filters. My plan was to switch it to QB and ACES IV on 01 July.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be? Should I even drive it?

Thanks.
Dave

#3 ·
Looks like you were on the money Ddaddy. Today my CEL came on with code P0520. I am taking it to my mechanic next week to get it installed. I mentioned to him about getting an actual Chrysler part and he stated he wasn't sure if Chrysler made one?? Does the factory every outsource "factory parts" or will all factory parts have a Chrysler/FCA stamp?

#8 ·
Glad to hear you got the right sensor. The OEM as ddaddy said are much better and last longer. ;)

Ready on the QuantumBlue and ACES IV when you are! :beerchug:

Regards,
Brian
BND Automotive LLC:driving:
440-821-9040
www.bndautomotive.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.