Charger Forums banner

Video - 2013 Charger RT AWD Flowmaster Force II exhaust vs stock

9K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Aetherfury 
#1 ·
Did a video of my new flowmaster force II exhaust. I'll be doing the intake video when it arrives from LMI.

For those of you that don't know me from the import scene my videos are way overdone on purpose. It's part of the joke of it all since I love drama. I mean, I once made a five minute car washing video set to epic piano music.... yeah I'm that guy.

I posted pics of my car also here: http://www.chargerforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2383682&postcount=18

#8 ·
StreetSideAuto.com here was the exact one: http://www.streetsideauto.com/p/flowmaster-force-ii-cat-back-817502/ I was pleased at their shipping, it shipped right away and I got it super fast. I think it came from PA -> VA

Honestly the install was a tiny bit harder than I thought at first, but it's because I went into it literally with just a basic few wrenches and 13mm & 15mm socket haha. I would definitely do it on a lift again instead of stands or ramps. I ended up swinging by a local muffler place to have them spot weld the clamps on the slip-fit stuff because I had a small leak where I had gotten lazy. I think they charged me like $30.

I would recommend a second person or stand for the long section of the stock exhaust.

#9 ·
How did you retain the stock tips, from what I can see the Force II comes with circular chrome tips. Are they removable somehow and you reused the stock square ones?

#14 ·
Do you know if you have any performance gains from this system. Flowmaster has always been the best sounding systems to me and the most affordable. But the other side of that is everyone says they do nothing for performance like other manufacturers aim to do.

#15 ·
? Very nice I have flowmaster force II also sounds great! As far as gains go I believe I got +4 hp and +9 tq on the dyno and +1.5 mpg but prolly would get more mpg if I didn't have a lead foot because of the great sound.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#19 ·
�� Very nice I have flowmaster force II also sounds great! As far as gains go I believe I got +4 hp and +9 tq on the dyno and +1.5 mpg but prolly would get more mpg if I didn't have a lead foot because of the great sound.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks for the dyno info that also helped me decide on the Force II. I figured with the Mopar CAI the combo would net me a bit more power, gas mileage increase is a bonus.

#16 ·
Sweet. I'm kind of wishing I had ordered the Flowmaster II kit instead of the Flowmaster I kit. The drone at 2K is starting to bug me.

Anyway, nice job!

#17 ·
I just ordered the Force II. I was on the fence for awhile but reading reviews and seeing the vids convinced me. Any tips on the install? I usually do my own mods but I just may have a local shop do this one.

#18 ·
Any tips on the install? I usually do my own mods but I just may have a local shop do this one.
I've always done my own mods and even with access to a lift and someone to help me it was a pain and I still ended up paying some money to have a local shop weld the slip fits (who had quoted me $150 welded to install the whole kit, but I wanted to save cash)

I would totally pay someone to do it next time honestly, it wasn't as satisfying to do it myself haha. I've done four cat-back installs in my life but nothing as large or heavy as our stock system haha.

#21 ·
Whew okay I'll FINALLY be posting the intake video soon. This crazy newborn has been using up a lot of my time. The new baby is totally different than my old baby. It's almost like they are TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE. Insanity! Anyway- should be next week at the latest. I'm actually curious to hear the sound difference myself since I'm so used to it by now. I'm trying to talk myself out of doing any more mods for a while, but headers would be such a responsible thing to do, since I need to be prepared in case I have to rush the kids somewhere...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.