Charger Forums banner

Any SRT8s hit 100,000 miles yet?

7K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  cain0main 
#1 ·
I now have 103,000 on my SRT8! I have had no problems at all.....I even still have the stock battery

#3 ·
Glad to hear it! I have only 53K on mine and she's still a beast. I suspect with ultra good maintainance and a little luck these babies will go 500K...ok, at least I'm gonna try!:beerchug:

#6 ·
any major problems? how hard do you drive your car?

Heading towards 75K here. Never s niffle, except for the outer tie rod ends. Did those myself for about $120.
any major problems? how hard do you drive your car?

i have a heavy foot and like to get on it.

#8 ·
I just hit 135k...still a tank! Routine maintenance and upkeep.

#13 ·
I'm at 138k. No problems with the engine other than the recent Throttle Valve - burns maybe a 1/4qt of oil between oil changes. Torque converter lock-up clutch started slipping around 110k - ProTorque 2800 converter took care of that ;)
Mine just hit 115k. Still going strong!
I just hit 135k...still a tank! Routine maintenance and upkeep.
You all give me solace for spending so much on a car. I almost feel like I should've kept my '13 R/T Daytona sometimes... it was a nice car, and I had it halfway paid off in a year. Got killed on my trade though, and I'm paying about $712 a month for my SRT for just the note. As long as it lasts I suppose!

How's the body/paint holding up?

#11 · (Edited)
I'm at 138k. No problems with the engine other than the recent Throttle Valve - burns maybe a 1/4qt of oil between oil changes. Torque converter lock-up clutch started slipping around 110k - ProTorque 2800 converter took care of that ;)

#17 ·
Guy in my local car group has an 06 (or 07?) SRT with like 105K miles on it. Beats the living crap out of it so the general consensus among us is that he won't get past 150K, if that.

#24 ·
I agree! Drove the car in December of 2015, first time I ever did that!! No salt on the road because of no snow. January put down the kabash on that because we finally got snow. Hibernate until April or May when we have no snow or salt.

Regards,
Brian

#26 ·
I have 178,000 miles on my 08 SRT8. I bought it used with 120k on it. In its past life, it was stolen, and was an undercover police car. (not sure which order) Still has one police light on back deck inside back glass. And you can see where more were mounted in the headliner out the back window. That said, i have no idea how well the car was maintained. I had to replace the camshaft about 10k miles ago. other than that, runs strong like bull. Love the car. Can't wait to get another to add to the herd.

#27 ·
Funny you mention you SRT was an undercover police car. Here in the Seattle area Wa State Patrol has one and it looks identical to mine except he still has the SRT wheels. Enough people have been pulled over by him that I'm starting to get mistaken for him, which I'm ok with, lol.

#29 ·
Just turned 100k on the wife's 06.
Been good so far. Bought with about 55k babied miles a few years ago.
Other than routine maint, the only issues so far are as follows.
Nav crapped out. Pretty sure it's the radio, not the disk.
Needed new front strut when we bought it. Put in bilsteins.
One tie rod boot ripped, fixed with a universal boot couple yrs ago still holding.
Sometimes uses some oil between changes, sometimes not. Never had to add oil.
Eats some coolant between oil changes, Quart or less, not leaking out the overflow or anywhere else and has not gotten worse in the last 40k mi. Spark plugs all looked good when I did a tune up last year, not blowing into any one cylinder and not getting into the oil. Dunno what's up with that but I've been topping it off every oil change since we bought it. Don't like it, but it seems to be one of those problems that really isn't a problem....
Wiper/turn signal stalk is starting to short out sometimes and change the wiper setting when you hit the turn signal. Of course the wipers have like 5x the normal operation having been a Seattle car since new.
Goofy rear brake vibration just developed , posted a thread. It's not anything major though.
Paint has held up well including the flexible panels, but the front fascia was repainted by PO. Not due to peeling, just got beat up a little and fixed. I don't like how the lower body panels especially in front of the rear wheels have gotten blasted. They're dull and need a cut n polish.
Car is a DD, kid hauler, road trip machine. Not abused, but not babied. Multiple curb rash on every wheel, had 3 of the wheels straightened a couple years ago and they were still straight as of last month when I put the winter tires on it.
Interior seat quality is better than I expected. Very Minimal drivers seat wear at 100k. Everything else cleans up like new. Helps that most of the drivers seat time has been smaller ladies, opposed to my fat @ss that can pound out a seat!
I wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.

#31 ·
Traded in my 2013 SRT Charger for a 2015 SRT Challenger.

I just hit 6,000 miles today.

Hitting the throttle on the back roads of Rural Central California is like having an IV adrenaline drip. :weed::devil::wax:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.