Charger Forums banner

Next Gen charger update! (MERGED)

15K views 81 replies 22 participants last post by  GTO_04 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Interesting... like you said, we should take it with a grain of salt but it looks like they might continue the euro/global trend with their cars, meaning a less butch/muscle car-like Charger and a more streamlined "edgy" and modern looking car. IMO I like the 11-14 gen the best, but the 15+ look sweet in Scat and above trims, but I would not like them to get even more modern and "sleek" like than what they are now. IMO they should try that with the 300 since they already sell that in Australia and it could be the more "global" car. Otherwise if they follow this trend with every new car then in five/ten years everything is going to look the same...small LED headlights and a sleek, thin profile and the Charger will lose it's muscle car identity and will become a full blown European-like sports sedan, especially if/when turbos come into play.

#4 ·
Well said Eddie. I agree with what you say here, although I did just order a scat pack but I currently have a 14 rt and do really love the look of that generation as well. It will be ingesting to see where it goes down the road.

I wouldn't expect a charger replacement until 2019 or so....
I thought the same thing but I've heard from a few different people about this meeting yesterday. Now I'm not sure what to think. Time will tell.

One of the people I heard from also mentioned a cuda and a turbo dart, along with an srt durango. Grain of salt lol....

#5 ·
Yep.

The original plan was for FCA to release the new Charger in 2018 but they announced a few months back that they were pushing back new models on most vehicles by at least a year and maybe two.

Reactions: GTO_04
#6 ·
#7 ·
My fiancee hated all the older chargers (doesn't like the "snout-like" grille) and was all ready to fight me on buying a Charger until she saw the new redesign. She said it looked like a mustang lol...

I think I like the new look the best, I always thought the older chargers grille was a bit too pronounced but I still liked em.

Looks like either way, I bought one at just the right time...if they do away with the LX platform...I see front-wheel drive & "*****fication" of the car...maybe not in aesthetics but definitely in power & mechanics...and the Challenger will be the sole "muscle" RWD vehicle.

But that's just my pessimistic outlook...I really hope I'm wrong...:p

#12 ·
Next Gen charger update!

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150826/OEM04/150829921?template=mobile&X-IgnoreUserAgent=1

Dodge Barracuda convertible, next-gen Charger among surprises for FCA dealers in Las Vegas
Larry P. Vellequette
Fiat Chrysler dealers meeting in Las Vegas on Tuesday were wowed by a parade of new products coming to their dealerships, including a Dodge Barracuda convertible and a swoopy next-generation Dodge Charger said to resemble a popular 1999 concept designed by Tom Gale.

#13 ·
It's too bad you never see photo leaks coming out of these events...I'd sure like to see the Charger, Barracuda, & Wrangler...

Encouraging to hear it's still on a RWD platform. I don't like the '99 concept...wonder how it will end up looking...

#16 ·
Apparently they were patting down folks as they went in. There were no cameras or phones allowed. I did hear that the new charger looked more like a four door corvette but I'm not a fan of that concept either. At the same time I'm not really sold on that being the new charger. Give it time

#30 ·
Oh yeah, the original 1999 concept was as FUGLY as it gets...but there were bits of it that had potential.

The images I posted were done 3 years ago before the '15 came out. I had labeled them all as "2017" concepts.

Funny that.

:grin2:

Reactions: GTO_04
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.