Charger Forums banner

Volant CAI reviews

5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  thinblueline 
#1 ·
Looking at getting a cai on my 2015 R/T, looking at the volant cai but want to know if anyone else has it and what they think about it, or if y'all would recommend another one over a specific one. Thanks!!

#3 · (Edited)
I have one on my SRT. The quality is good, but installing the filter into the housing was a complete b***h. Once I bought some different hardware, it turned out OK. I like the fact that it's not pulling ambient air from under the hood. It may make a little more intake noise over stock, but I can't really tell. I have gotten as high as 25 mpg, so it may offer a slight bump in fuel economy. Overall, I'm happy with it.

#5 ·
Ya that's why I'm leaning towards Volant over other brands, simply because of the box. What other hardware did you end up getting for it

#6 ·
I like my Volant on my 2012, but I can't say I felt performance increases. What I can say is, that my gas mileage has gone up since installing it. It looks very stock too, which I like. I'm sure the install on the 2015 will be slightly different, but even taking my time, the install only took 20~30 minutes.

#10 ·
install complete

Installed the intake this weekend, box fix perfectly, and yes it took some time to line up the filter inside of the box but I was able to get it fit finally. I didn't notice a difference in sound, exhaust may be a little deeper but my exhaust is already loud enough that its hard to tell. MPG appears to be a little higher but not much, I haven't really noticed any torque loss like what some people are saying, but I also haven't noticed any gains either.

#11 ·
Installed the intake this weekend, box fix perfectly, and yes it took some time to line up the filter inside of the box but I was able to get it fit finally. I didn't notice a difference in sound, exhaust may be a little deeper but my exhaust is already loud enough that its hard to tell. MPG appears to be a little higher but not much, I haven't really noticed any torque loss like what some people are saying, but I also haven't noticed any gains either.
did you use the stock bolts that hols the box to the tubing ? I found that they are getting in the way of the filter to seat properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.